Recent content by basilray

1. basilray

Official Last Bat 2024

0.500 on the night for Week 1 of play here in Minnesota. Didn't get much of any air under the ball, but was trying to hit liners anyways, and hit spots given wind was in. Last AB: grounder through the 3-4 hole
  2. basilray

Looking to buy old stamp bat....

I've got a couple things sitting around that might work: 1. 2014 DeMarini One - 27oz, moderate EL, forget how much it was - Pretty decent bat, considering it's got all 4 stamps - Ton of hits, but in shockingly good shape considering I bought it NIW back in 2014 2. 2020 Miken KP23 - 28oz -...
  3. basilray

Minnesota Thread

I'm supposed to start a league on 4/15 in Lakeville. That feels so excessively early, I'm just not ready.
  4. basilray

Minnesota Thread

Last week I was taking BP outside in a t-shirt, and today I made my kids put on reasonable jackets to leave the house. Thanks, Minnesota. I'm ready to be out there playing already!
  5. basilray

Minnesota Thread

I flirted w/ playing Perham last year. In-laws are up there, but if I went up there to play ball instead of socializing w/ the in-laws, I'd need to have a divorce attorney on speed dial. Doubly so this year, as the in-law family camping event is the same weekend as Fireman's. 😂
  6. basilray

Knee pain? Change your shoes!

I currently roll w/ a pair of Nike trail runners, and find them visually hideous, but quite comfortable since I never leave the infield. Something worth considering, especially if you have plantar pain, is stretching your calves. I went through a long period where I thought due to playing in...
  7. basilray

Bat shopping

I think there was a batch w/ bad paint adhesion. In one of the Anarchy groups on FB, they said they'd replace any affected. I haven't swung a DeMarini for Utrip since the OG white balanced Nautalai. I put a ton of swings on it, and never really felt like it "opened up". I should revisit them...
  8. basilray

Where do you play?

Pretty much I only show up to pitch. I'll throw in an occassional guest appearance at C or 1B.
  9. basilray

Under the radar bats

As a middling hitter, going from 28oz to 26oz just messes up my timing and my hands tend to droop. I'm sure it's mostly a mental thing, but that 2oz drop just kills me. Last HitTrax tourney I played, I tried to swing 26, and was a mess. Went to my 27oz Code Red and was hitting in the low...
  10. basilray

Under the radar bats

I've got a 26oz Anarchy Bazooka that just isn't for me, despite being a big Anarchy guy I'm looking to move, if interested. Very clean, low hits, mostly w/ 52's. My teammates tried to convince me I should drop down to 26oz from swinging 28 or even 27, and it just doesn't work for me.
  11. basilray

Under the radar bats

I have a buddy who is a 30oz or GTFO kind of guy. He gets upset having to go down to 28oz on some of the new stuff. He has both a Wraith and the Easton Black Magic in 30oz. While he's still largely swinging 30oz 220 DC41's in games (because we still can), he doesn't hate the Wraith. He has...
  12. basilray

2024 ASA/USA T Work Softball Bat Reviews

Is the Hot Butter one of the Proton-Monsta bats, or their own stuff?
  13. basilray

Monsta ignite Asa (empire sports) or monsta clack addict Asa

If you're getting either for $150, do it It was just suggested the other day a pretty mint Clack addict was worth $300+ on one of the Monsta buy/sell groups.
  14. basilray

Monsta ignite Asa (empire sports) or monsta clack addict Asa

The difference between the two should be minimal: M2 and M5 are effectively the same, and the difference is how the graphics are applied to the bat. Some people will tell you that M2 is sooooooooo much better, but it's the same composite. I would not pay a penny over MSRP for either, and...
  15. basilray

Anarchy opinions…

I haven't heard much about how/why Lyf left, and I don't run into him all that often even though he lives just a couple of miles away. Pretty interesting development though.