Recent content by Beauner

1. B

Minnesota Thread

I'll be two tourneys in before my leagues start. Kinda crazy.
  2. B

Minnesota Thread

The forecast for the next 7 days shows temps back up into the mid and upper 40s by Friday/Saturday. Hell I've seen reports that all the snow we're getting now might be gone by tomorrow because its supposed to be near 40 and the snow turning to rain. I can't imagine that it will take nearly as...
  3. B

Minnesota Thread

That and if you played in AWS/NCS before they go based on your ranking in that association. So you never get bumped if your team doesn't win basically. When we were out there last year we played a team in the D bracket that supposedly had 7 USSSA B cards (I forget the name, we were talking to...
  4. B

Minnesota Thread

Apparently some pitcher died or almost died out there. Took a ball to the chest and collapsed on the field. Heard they were doing CPR on him for 15 minutes until the ambulance could get him loaded up and taken to the hospital.
  5. B

Minnesota Thread

The team that sent GGM to the loser's bracket is in the chair.
  6. B

Minnesota Thread

Minnesota teams at D worlds are out. GGM won game 1 and was rewarded with playing the #3 seed and lost by 3 and their losers bracket game was against the #2 seed and lost by 4. I believe Royalty and Crystal VFW also won their opener and then lost their next two. 651 lost their first game but...
  7. B

Minnesota Thread

They lost in winner's bracket final. Guaranteed top 3 and have a chance to claw back and double dip.
  8. B

Minnesota Thread

YouTube has been broadcasting the A world series but it's only one field so you don't get to pick who you want to watch unfortunately.
  9. B

Minnesota Thread

ORD can hit. And hit a lot. Especially when they're rolling. They played really well at C nationals last year and finished well (I can't remember when they got knocked out but I remember they pulled off a dramatic comeback down like 9 in bottom 7 with two outs to win Sunday afternoon)...
  10. B

Minnesota Thread

Mound must have received a lot more rain than I did (or than Rochester did). The weather in Rochester wasn't pleasant but it was mostly dry save for a few minutes of rain a couple times.
  11. B

Minnesota Thread

I vaguely recall there was a USSSA tourney the same weekend as Savage, but Savage had also previously been the weekend after 6s cuz we always played Corkys, 6s, and Savage like back to back to back, and then Shakopee a couple weeks later. There was a rumor that those 4 tournaments being so close...
  12. B

Minnesota Thread

I don't remember hearing anything about that. I know she took over from Troy, who took over a basically dead association and tried to do anything with it. He did OK for a couple years before he left for a different job. Then Lacelle got the job and has at least started getting more teams to sign...
  13. B

Minnesota Thread

UTrip was in the ground here long before she took over. She's done a better job growing tournaments than either of her two predecessors.
  14. B

Minnesota Thread

I don't remember seeing anything about MNRPA in her posts before about challenge cup eligibility but I'm tired so maybe I'm forgetting?
  15. B

Minnesota Thread

I don't think most of those are her rules. Taken from SoftballCenter: 2021 USSSA Challenge Cup Rules TEAM GUIDELINES Players must have played USSSA in 2020. Men & Women players MUST the Player Ranking Value (PRV) of the 2020 season to participate ALL managers and players MUST be approved...