Recent content by blakcherry329

1. blakcherry329

Interesting co-ed situation

Ah, a throwback comment from the SBF Heyday. When questionable posts were met with sarcasm. :cool:Memories, do do do do do do do(I can hear you singing)
  2. blakcherry329

Axe inferno senior bat

Are there any "bad" bats anymore? Some might be more HOTW than others but all bats are good nowadays. IMHO
  3. blakcherry329

Single wall bat suggestion

The bat in my Signature is my favorite single wall of all time, Worth Carl Rose silver from around 1990. Having said that, you can't really go wrong with the LS Power Domes or others from that era. I also have fond memories of the Easton Black Magic 38oz. and the SX9 35oz I used to hit bombs...
  4. blakcherry329

Best ASA Wood Softball Bat

If you can't use a Corn Dog, then Evil BamBoom is good and Axe makes one also. IMO, after the Corn Dog, wood bats are pretty much the same, performance-wise. Some feel a little more end-loaded than others, however. Just find one you like and swing away.
  5. blakcherry329

Mooch

I like it when slow-pitch pitchers talk about pitching inside when there's usually no batter's box to speak of. lol That team didn't put up much of a fight. How do you boot the ball like that on turf??? I didn't see him do too much on the mound, they just weren't hitting and Mooch's team made plays.
  6. blakcherry329

Hitting training/Warmup

I use these balls all the time. I did use my composites with them without issue. Good way to bp in between games at tourneys to stay loose or before games without having to chase balls. Also a great way to warm up my pitching arm. Having said that, I always worried about the weight of the ball...
  7. blakcherry329

Most durable senior bat

White Helmer 44 update... Well over 1000 swings with 75-85mph cage baseballs not ever a chip. lots o' scuff marks from all my mi****s:mad:, but no real damage to speak of. I got it when Amazon had it for $50 and it's a great BP bat, if nothing else. The sledgehammer end-load takes a little...
  8. blakcherry329

Under the radar bats

Those days are long gone. Remember the Yellow and/or Green Catalysts? It took about 500 swings just to break it in. lol It was part of the process. There were also a lot more logs, turds, lead pipes, etc. bats that came out too. So you took the bad with the good. But you also didn't have to buy...
  9. blakcherry329

Helmer 44 hitting at Lefty's in Clifton, NJ

I think I may be a little too far away from the plate. It doesn't feel that way when I'm up there, but on "film" it looks a bit far. Any critique is welcome. I already have to compensate for bad knees, so my lower body isn't really involved. lol. Thinking about opening up a little more and...
  10. blakcherry329

Most durable senior bat

I second that. Mine has about 600 swings with cage 80+mph baseballs and about 50 Clinchers Corkers. Not a chip. Just scuff marks. that's it. Once you get used to the massive end-load, it's a great bat for BP. IF you can swing this correctly, other bats will feel like toothpicks. It does seem to...
  11. blakcherry329

Most durable senior bat

I've put over 500 swings of 75-85mph cage baseballs and not even a blemish, other than scuff marks, on my white Helmer 44(I think 2022 or 23). I highly recommend for a cold weather or bp bat. Durability is off the charts from what I've experiences so far.
  12. blakcherry329

DC41 Supermax

Kinda strange to not allow ASA bats or am I missing something?
  13. blakcherry329

Most durable senior bat

Helmer has a one piece?
  14. blakcherry329

Looking For Modified Players - Sunday AM Staten Island, NY

Yeah, I don't play during the week anymore cuz I live in NJ and work in NY. Too much of a hassle and way too expensive. I used to live in Yonkers and I played in the over 40 league there during the week.
  15. blakcherry329

Knee pain? Change your shoes!

blowing out an Achilles is my worst fear. I've seen two friends have Achilles tears from just changing direction. I stretch my calves on the escalators in the NYC train stations every morning. ;):p:D