Recent content by chiefn10

1. C

ASA Easy swing

as long as you follow through on your swing, there is nothing that states how hard you have to hit it. whats next, are they going to call someone out for swinging too hard?
  2. C

ASA Foul Ball Third Strike Out on Illegal Pitch

well the OP is playing in Jersey, so after watching the movie Beer League, I completely understand. Pitching like that is bush-league BS
  3. C

Other Texas AM vs UL Lafayette softball - batter's box

slap hitters could be called out of the box 80% of the time. there is no way they can take 3 steps and still be in the box when they make contact with the ball. my daughter played 4 yrs of high school ball as a lefty slap hitter. I know she was stepping out of the box, but dumb-ass coaches...
  4. C

LTB Mizuno

Ive got a 27 oz blackout balanced that i only used 1 season. I know your looking for 28, but its an option.
  5. C

LTB Miken Freak 98

Ive got a 27 oz in good condition I will let go for $100. Let me know
  6. C

Military Softball

are you tring to compete against Guns-n-Hoses? They have already established themselves as the first responder and military association for SOCAL.
  7. C

LTB LTB TM Blackouts 26 or 27 oz

I have a 27oz with around 100 cuts on it for $125 if interested
  8. C

Military Intramurals... is your SB program getting the Axe?

Norfolk, Oceana, and Portsmouth still have their base leagues, but from what i hear, Little Creek cant afford to pay for their umpires.
  9. C

Toys 4 Tots Palm Springs Dec 7-9

they don't put the bracket up until pool play is completed, then the top 16 of the 27 will make the bracket for sunday single elim, so it won't be known until late tonight.
  10. C

Looking for a team in VA

so to the softballnation website. tournies run almost every weekend and has contact info for some teams looking for players.
  11. C

ASA Ball hits batter after he's out

sounds to me like once the batter is out, he still can be on the field but must not interfere with any play happening---similar to what base coach and on-deck batters responsibilities are, is that correct?
  12. C

2012 USSSA Military Worlds

it was a local tv station doing it last year.
  13. C

2012 USSSA Military Worlds

Greg, yes Walter Reed did run NSA Military world from at least 2000-2004. Lots of great teams in it when we played it. I think it is hard for installations to financially support USSSA teams when all of them abide by ASA rules. There was an ASA Military Worlds in 08', but only 8 teams shoed...
  14. C

Any This Section should be called.....

agree about some players not knowing anything. how many times have the following been discussed in this forum: 4 base error vs. 4 base award illegal bat being used what is the pitching height? runner giving himself up at 2nd on double play what color can my glove be? how many bases on an...
  15. C

Any Batter Called Out for Bunting

there is a difference between a full swin and a full-power swing. Don't think the rule book says you have to swing as hard as you can to be considered a hit, but must attempt a full-swing including follow-through.