Recent content by dunno

1. D

Swing Help

could be relax, wait for it to get level in your zone during practice then transfer over to games. easy to get distracted, anxious listening to team mates cheering you on drowning it out may help
  2. D

Where are all the 28-30oz bats?

the guys I play with swing what they like and most prefer 25-27 some smaller players hit them out the park with the same frequency of the bigger players with heavier bats leads me to believe ymmv the people i see breaking bats are those in a rush and tap their barrels against chain link posts lol
  3. D

Shoulder pain and numbness

That soft toss routine sounds good. There's a guy that brings rubber bands to the ball park and uses them to warm up. Tried it and tightness and ache didn't occur, that usually followed long throws.
  4. D

Shoulder pain and numbness

Google is your friend. My guess is if you take a couple of Ibuprofen and the problem goes away lucky day. If not, wait for a proper diagnosis before it falls off from playing softball.
  5. D

Backyard hitting net

If you have some extra sheets, blankets and some bunji or rope its pretty easy to rig a barrier up
  6. D

Onyx Enough Said

Can recommend a bat warmer for cold days. There are the microwave bag type or solar sleeves. Using the latter may have been why I've only cracked 1 bat in 5 years.
  7. D

Been a while since my last bp.

change hats and get 10+ more feet lol imo, your follow through looks off balance maybe pretend to be in a position to run to first base
  8. D

Why do I hit low or dropped balls so much further?

a guy on our team does the same thing and someone says its because he is a golfer. hard to argue with success
  9. D

Back in the game playing Senior ball…

Maybe find a local senior group that has BP and ask to try what they have. Most likely to find they have bats of differing barrel lengths and weights, bpf rating. Also balanced and end loaded. You might end up liking a two piece like the worth mach 1. Imo, Can't go wrong with discontinued...
  10. D

Have a hotter lineup?

Imo, its not the bat but the batter. There's a guy with all the best senior bats, watches all the hitting vids and flew to FL for a clinic. Thing is he's morbidly obese, doesn't like to stretch or take the Dr. seriously. Just doesn't figure out why he can't get near the fence or guys don't...
  11. D

13 or 14 inch Glove

Someone told me the glove should be an extension of your hand. Never really understood that until I tried on a 12" Rawlings infielders glove. Was using a 13, 14 and even a 15" in the OF. They all felt loose to downright sloppy. The 12 is so light and maneuverable the balls seem to get...
  12. D

Looking for link to filled out results of 2021World championship tournament in LV

SSUSA site is incomplete/not updated? thx
  13. D

When a pitcher pitches from further back

if the slow pitch is a strike and you don't hit it satisfactorily, imo its not the pitcher its you lol
  14. D

Am I being a tool?

Think its a control issue. Gettin in your head to distract. The more pitchers/catchers say usu just step back out the box then they have to wait for me lol. Just hit it hard and long they usu get the message and talk less.
  15. D

When a pitcher pitches from further back

the further back, the longer one can take to eyeball the pitch imo and if more speed, more rebound! as long as its in the strike zone let the fireworks begin