Recent content by EdFred

1. EdFred

Foul or Fair?

Is the definition of foul ball in USA Softball the exact same as MLB? Ump got the call right, but I need documentation to get my drinks bought for me due to a fair vs foul argument at the bar after the game. Nevermind: Got someone with a rulebook to send me pics of the rule.
  2. EdFred

Craziest stuff you've seen playing softball?

How the does the runner on first base wind up so close to second on a line drive that the SS can tag him out? Are you playing in a trisomy league?
  3. EdFred

Craziest stuff you've seen playing softball?

I don't see the problem. I hate a dry box.
  4. EdFred

Any How Many Ejections have you had?

For some reason I picture Emily Litella posting this question, to which my answer is "more than I can count."
  5. EdFred

Official CFB Thread

CFB season is already over for me. Won't watch another game this season. 5 more losses on tap after Saturday's ****show
  6. EdFred

For the guys that run teams..

"Have fun. You will be reimbursing us for having to bail playing in the tourney, and good luck playing with someone else next year. Those ducks tickets worth all that?"
  7. EdFred

What's your call

And we wonder why players are always arguing with umpires on rules that don't exist.
  8. EdFred

What's your call

Pretty sure I said what Bret and Irish said later on.
  9. EdFred

What's your call

Out. Runner still has to touch plate. As was explained to me those types of situations are a two step process. The initial safe call just means the defense did not to their part to record the out. But the runner still needs to complete his duty of touching the base/plate. What if the play...
  10. EdFred

For the guys that run teams..

One team I was on had fines ($5/ occurrence) instituted for no shows/late shows unless arranged a week in advance. Only excuses were job/(family)emergency. You didn't play until you were caught up on fines. Fine money went towards beer at the year end party. It actually worked out pretty...
  11. EdFred

NSA Stopped in base path to avoid tag

File a protest in those situations. If the ump is correct, then he's correct. If he's not, go back and play from where you protested. (assuming you lose the game). That way it's a learning situation for everyone regardless of what the outcome of the protest is.
  12. EdFred

Blue ejecting players

That's usually exactly how it goes. Just like the time I was 18 and in a league and got pushed/helped off the bag at second by the fielder on the tag and was called out. Not as bad as Hrbek in the WS, but it should have been fairly obvious. I only said it one time, and by one time I mean...
  13. EdFred

Other Odd situation - what would your call be?

That's my thought on it as well, except R1 was already between 2nd and 3rd when the initial out call was made, and I would think he should get 3rd.
  14. EdFred

Other Odd situation - what would your call be?

This was in a MLB game the other night, (Braves/Nationals, Nationals batting, and they ultimately won the game), but the rules are the same as far as I can tell on this situation. I think the umpires got the end result wrong even though technically they got all the calls that transpired during...
  15. EdFred

MLB Slowpitch squad

Heck, I've been all those guys over the years - except for the college thing.