Recent content by flatstick96

1. F

NFL off-season / free agency

Read this somewhere online today (can't remember where); made me laugh and cringe at the same time: Five years from now ESPN will be Stephen A. Smith arguing with a hologram of himself for 24 hours a day, making $250M/year.
  2. F

I haven't had cable in years, but I do spend about 100-150 nights a year in hotels because of my job, so I'm decently aware of what's out there on cable, including ESPN. Fifteen years ago, if you walked into my house and the TV was on, it was probably tuned to ESPN; as soon as I turned it on...
  3. F

That's an interesting add.
  4. F

This seems implausible; Cornell's football program has sucked ass for years.
  5. F

Will Bryce Harper bat .400?

Larry Wayne Jones, Jr.
  6. F

Yeah, I can't fathom it either. Just thinking about losing a kid for any reason is enough to make me physically ill - but to actually have killed your kid in an accident? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
  7. F

NCAAB probably not unofficial

There are two Div. I schools (that I know of) to amass 1,800+ wins in men's BB and 700+ wins in football. Notre Dame is one. The other is somewhat less obvious. Duke lost to them in basketball this season.
  8. F

NFL Combine

Malcolm Mitchell isn't white, but he is comparatively small and cheap, and seems to be a player that Brady likes; as long as he stays healthy I'd expect him to play a bigger role next year. I agree with Primo that NE probably feels like they don't need to spend on a big name FA WR.
  9. F

On the one hand it's kinda amazing that Manuel was the first QB taken in ANY draft...but then you look at the rest of that QB draft class and it's just a whole lot of nothing. If ever there was a year to NOT draft a QB, it was that year.
  10. F

the official id rather suck my own ******* than see the afc win the superbowl this year thread

I like the regular Rudy's sauce that they show in that video. Have not tried the Sissy Sauce (the regular one isn't all that spicy, so I don't really understand the point of the Sissy Sauce).
  11. F

the official id rather suck my own ******* than see the afc win the superbowl this year thread

Best "fit" for Romo is the Cowboys - they finally have EXACTLY the kind of players around him to maximize his strengths and mitigate his durability problem, and he can't get on the field. I thought all along that their best chance at a SB this year was to have eased him back in over the last...
  12. F

When that play happened I turned to my brother and said: "The flag should go against Smith for almost getting his guy killed." He was way more to blame than was the defender for Conley getting lit up there.
  13. F

Playoff prediction thread: broken tibia's for some, mini american flags for others

Assuming you are talking about the Seattle SB, you're 100% right. That SB was February 2006, Tomlin was hired as Steelers coach January 2007.
  14. F

Playoff prediction thread: broken tibia's for some, mini american flags for others

I thought maybe you meant this throw and catch (I'd forgotten about the Holmes play):
  15. F

Semi finals help

I'd definitely start Latavius over McKinnon. That's probably the only thing I'd change.