Recent content by funfitfriendly

1. F

Bonus batting tip from Funfitfriendly, dont miss it

Sorry for the delay in adding more info, I weighed and measured my metal bar its 1 " thick, 36" long and weighs 7.2 lbs or 115.2 ounces. You can buy rebar at any building supply store and you dont have to buy in in bulk. All it takes to cut it to size is a hack saw
  2. F

Bonus batting tip from Funfitfriendly, dont miss it

I know I have alot of fans on this site so i am going to share my bonus batting tip. First you take a piece of iron rebar maybe 3/4 " thick cut it to 34", get a broom stick handle cut the handle to 34 " and your favourite composite bat (mine is the Easton SRV4 Synergy 27 ounces). Every morning...
  3. F

Funfitfriendly is back with some great batting tips

What a great way to start off the new season with a hepful post on my best batting tips. - 1. Keep your eye and focus on the ball from the time it leaves the pitcher’s hand until it hits your bat or lands on the mat. If you are having trouble hitting the ball, slow your swing and/or choke...
  4. F

Was I wrong to tell Little Lu Lu to take a walk?

Lu Lu is not a hot chick. I kind of let her on the team because i felt sorry for her, I was the only coed coach that would give her a chance. The losing team invited her to go sit with them in the beer gardens which she did. Maybe she will play with them next year.
  5. F

Was I wrong to tell Little Lu Lu to take a walk?

So here's the scenario, we were in the end of the season tournament, we are one game away from getting into the the semi final and its the last inning of the game. The score is 11-10 in favour of the other team with one out.. Little Lu Lu (not her real name) gets up to bat almost a sure out...
  6. F

Older hitter needs help

Hit smarter not harder, find gaps and alleys to hit. Concentrate on recognizing your pitch, target weaker fielders with your hits. Learn to hit loopers. I had one player on my team that could hit a looper with side spin over ist base that would fall between the right fielder and 1st base that...
  7. F

Asking advice to prove myself

As a coach/mamanger for a coed slopitch team, I would start a new player out at catcher, rover or right field. if ypu showed you have more ability to play I would look at moving you into a better position but you would have to prove yourself. This would take more then 2-3 games. You would have...
  8. F

Maybe we can agree to disagree but be respectful

I dont make up stories, I relate my real life ball team experiences that others may find interesting and helpful in their ball experiences. If others find something helpful I will continue to share. Hey, my last post is up to 1313 hits, so I think some people by far the majority must be finding...
  9. F

Maybe we can agree to disagree but be respectful

Sorry folks but I have to say something about the tone, and lack of respect from a few members of this forum. We a can agree to disagree without be disagreeable. Just because there is a sense of anonynymity attached to the forum does not give you the right to say whatever. if you keep being...
  10. F

1st 300 foot HOME RUN - 100% brag post with a promise kept and thanks given.

Hey maybe i should add something about my first 300' shot. I get up to bat, bases loaded . I usually hit for opposite field, just trying for a frozen rope line drive to fall between the right fielder and the 1st base player, somehow I got under the ball and it just started to sail , maybe it...
  11. F

Tired of being 'that guy' trying to make some changes

Hey one of the best players in the slopitch game played with me for a season namely Terry so some worthwhile players thought I was worth playing for. There was also Bob, who was a great hitter, he told me he is coming back especially since he just found a job.
  12. F

1st 300 foot HOME RUN - 100% brag post with a promise kept and thanks given.

Congrats on the first homer, would be nice to know what stick you used.
  13. F

Yes, being cut from a recreational ball team does happen, maybe not directly, there are different ways of being cut from a team i.e. not being asked to come back the next season, mysteriously being left on the team email distribution list. I also don't like someone else having the authority...
  14. F

Just for the record, I dont play `gayball`we play coed slopitch. I am definitely not gay`hmmm maybe my name should be changed if I give the wrong impression maybe I will call myself Boomerman or something with a more macho ring to it. Maybe a few good suggestions would be helpful, be nice now.
  15. F

All I am saying is that , at some point you have to look at the situation and say ok even if I am right is this helping the situation. I suppose that I have to learn more on how to choose my battles.