Recent content by gioman36

1. gioman36

Best method for breaking in a new glove

Try a light coat of vaseline and then put a couple of balls in there, tie it closed and let it sit for a few days.
  2. gioman36

About Fought My Teammate

You should have ran over when he tried to walk off and plowed him flat on his back and dragged him by one leg over to right field. That's what I do with 6 year old when he gives me any sass.
  3. gioman36

Elbow Pain!

I went to see a local ART (active release therapy) practitioner after suffering with medial/lateral epicondylitis on the left elbow for many years and that was the best thing I ever did. It's very likely that you have built up scar tissue in that area that can be removed via this technique but...
  4. gioman36

Surprising new study on pregame stretching

This is correct information.
  5. gioman36

I admit it all the shaved stick makes me want one.

I'm playing there tonight so I guess I'll be one of the only ones swinging a stock bat. My SRV3 is en fuego.
  6. gioman36

Brett helmer and brian wegman strike out!!!!

They are both standing way up in the box also. I'm not sure moving back would have helped though. If either one of them made contact and went middle that pitcher would have been finished.
  7. gioman36

Mike keck

I think he posts on the softballkingdom site (CaliMike?). I believe he also swings a 26 oz. bat.
  8. gioman36

Anyone get a Tax ID or W9 for a Sponser?

You can file Form SS4 on the IRS website and you will be issued an EIN fairly quickly. Why are they asking for this? You can normally take a deduction for any sponsorship type costs as advertising expenses so getting an EIN from you doesn't really accomplish anything. You ought to tell them...
  9. gioman36

Please check out my swings

You are making solid contact, keeping your front side closed well and letting the ball come to you versus reaching out in front of the plate. I'm not sure how you will do with higher ASA pitches as those were all low meatballs. That swing should work for softball so don't change anything...
  10. gioman36

bp vid

Okay, go Meg!
  11. gioman36

BP video

Before you change anything else, try to adjust your contact point during your next BP session. You are hitting balls too far out in front of the plate in an attempt to pull everything and you are rolling your wrists over which causes ground balls. Let the ball get deeper and try to hit to...
  12. gioman36

My weak ass swing again.

Your swing is all arms. On top of that, your swing is very long. What I mean by that is that you get your left arm extended very early in the swing. Here's something to try: keep a bend in your lead arm (about 45 degrees) and then try and keep it there until right before contact when you whip...
  13. gioman36

Swing changes - with moving pictures

x3. Took me a long time to recover from nothing but tee work for two months.
  14. gioman36

Swing changes - with moving pictures

You look like Todd Graham a bit swinging in this video except that he has better balance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8-gnmDajGQ I don't see how that swing is going to work in a game situation but hey, if it does then go for it.
  15. gioman36

Energy Drinks

If you want some instant "energy" for the game then limit or delete all caffeinated beverages during the week and have a couple of diet cokes before games only. It saves money too. Ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin stack works well also when used in moderation. Most people are already so...