Recent content by GloveJunky

1. GloveJunky

need help finding and deciding

A Vinci TJ1952 can be had for a few bucks more if you go through a rep. Perfect for outfield.
  2. GloveJunky

Any Was I out of line?

Looked like your shorts were in quite the bunch over a pretty common reaction to a close call... My mistake :rolleyes:
  3. GloveJunky

Any Was I out of line?

Between your rush to eject coaches over routine comments and quips about D/E players, sounds like your skin just isn't quite thick enough for the job. Sorry for hurting your feelings ;)
  4. GloveJunky

Mizuno GGE50V Feedback

I have the 12.75" version and love it, but the 50 is way too small for softball IMO.
  5. GloveJunky

Any Was I out of line?

Well, when you as an ump stick your nose where it doesnt belong, you're going to get your delicate flower of an ego bruised. This coach gave a little reassurance to his player to keep her head in the game - one benign, very common statement - and like every ****ty ump, this one made the game...
  6. GloveJunky

Pitcher Hit in Face

My idiot coworker did once. That went over really well. It was back in 2000 (thankfully) and we were lugging around a huge projector in a wheeled metal case. Ticketing attendant: "What's in the case?" Idiot coworker: "A.... BOMB!" Ticketing attendent, me, and our BOSS: :mad::mad::mad:
  7. GloveJunky

Pitcher Hit in Face

Like almost every other call on the field, it's a judgement call and subject to error. That's why many organizations take the guesswork out of it and leave it at "if an infielder is struck by a batted ball, the bat is to be tested."
  8. GloveJunky

Pitcher Hit in Face

What's your point?
  9. GloveJunky

Pitcher Hit in Face

It's the Internet. We all get to be lawyers.
  10. GloveJunky

Pitcher Hit in Face

The idea behind it is that if a ball hits an infielder, then the assumption is that there's a possibility the infielder didn't have time to react, and if he didn't have time to react, there's a possibility it was because of an illegal bat. It has nothing to do with hitting middle... that just...
  11. GloveJunky

Any Was I out of line?

Bottom line: you were talking to your player, not the ump. You can say whatever you want to her as long as you're not being overtly obnoxious about the ump (and you weren't by any stretch of the imagination - players say what you said all the time to try to get everyone past the perceived bad...
  12. GloveJunky

Opinion on a O.F glove!

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about the 55, but they're a PITA to find.
  13. GloveJunky

what style web plays the deepest

Ichiro trap plays slightly deeper than an H-web, which can still play pretty deep. Then mod trap (T-net). But really, with a good break-in and mallet work, you can accomplish a lot. I have an AB74 (T-net) that has a very deep pocket.
  14. GloveJunky

Pitcher Hit in Face

Both leagues I'm in will check the bat if the umpire feels that the fielder didn't have time to react to the ball. One of those leagues is NSA and the other is a laughable hackjob implementation of ASA.
  15. GloveJunky

Opinion on a O.F glove!

I prefer a "large" 12.75 for the outfield. The Mizzy I mentioned plays closer to 13.25, as does the Vinci TJ. Wilson's new ELO, which is an extraordinary glove if you ask me, is also said to play at 13.25. Nothing against Rawlings at all... I'm just tossing in my two cents on the gloves I've...