Recent content by gstam42

1. G

What's the deal with Miken end caps coming out?

Perfect so far after about 25 ABs. Thanks all.
  2. G

Thanks, all. Carefully removed glue from barrel and end cap, then applied small amounts of 3M 5200 to the contact points on the end cap (**** was expensive to buy here in the UK - cost around $30!). A tiny amount of glue squeezed out when I pressed the end cap down, but wiped it away. Let it sit...
  3. G

appreciate it, all. ordered some 3m 5200, should have it tomorrow. with some luck maybe i can re-glue in time to use at a tourney this weekend. am i wrong to think it might be fine to go hit off the tee again until it starts coming off (won't take many swings), then pull it out by hand, clean...
  4. G

ah, thanks guys - will look for one of those specifically. i don't know what miken/worth (rawlings) did when they had the bat in april. the end cap coming loose again was almost instantaneous - and i'm talking literally 18 ABs and some tee work. i pushed it back in to use today at a tourney and...
  5. G

lol. no one but me has used the bat. and i'm not really into hitting off the end of the bat, thanks. it's not a problem i've had with any bat before. so yeah, it is indeed a manufacturer problem of some kind.
  6. G

thanks - a buddy here in the UK (military) recommended gorilla epoxy - i'll try that!
  7. G

Bought a new Freak Patriot ASA (FPATMA) from SiS in December 2019, unused until April 2021 b/c of Covid (so warranty expired December 2020 with bat untouched). Do some tee work in warm weather in April, end cap starts coming off. Miken offers a courtesy repair, I send it in and they re-glue the...
  8. G

Swing type and bat selection

Played baseball into my teenage years, then took up slowpitch by coincidence in my early 30s - though I'd always wanted to - after moving to the UK a couple years ago. In the UK we use ASA bats. Last year I swung a pair of Easton Ronin 1-pieces (27 oz., balanced) I picked up for about $75 each...
  9. G

Vinci RCV1250-22 for slowpitch SS? Or Vinci RV1923-22 better?

Bit of an update: got the RCV1250-22 that I bought back in December fairly well broken in, but then came back to the US for an Easter visit (I live in the UK) and found an RV1923-22 new on sidelineswap.com for $115 shipped. Just received it and it’s stiff as can be, but feels very promising. I...
  10. G

don’t mind me, i’m just cranky that, being from pennsylvania and spending most of my time in england, i don’t get to play year-round.
  11. G

i don't understand this. what is a "rec" player who doesn't "play all the time"? is spending $100 more on kip or optimus going to give me a glove that lasts a lot longer, or make me a better fielder? the RCV1250-22 i just got is beautiful, to my eye, but that doesn't really matter to me, nor...
  12. G

Beautiful, high-quality glove. Very light. Looks like the pocket will be plenty wide and deep once broken in.
  13. G

Thanks Mav - appreciate it! The 1250 will be delivered in the next few hours, and I imagine I'll get right to bonding with it.
  14. G

Hey all, Had been using a Rawlings PROTB24 (Heart of the Hide w/ trapeze) after starting slowpitch, but wanted something with a wider pocket and lighter weight as I mostly play SS. Thought having a dedicated softball glove would help, too, since I've used and broken in the PROTB24 primarily for...