Recent content by HabanaSugarKings

1. H

Glove color way

I thought Andruw Jones was a Wilson guy?? Did he switch to Rawlings later in his career?......I really didnt start paying much attention to what brand of gloves players used until a few yrs ago.
  2. H

After 100 games, my nokona edge X review.

Wait what, this glove costs $1K?? I had an idea that it was expensive, but I dont know why I thought it was like in the $600 range, but $1K??? Holy molly! But I second what others have said, if it makes you happy and you can afford it, WHY NOT??!!
  3. H

After 100 games, my nokona edge X review.

This was my concern as well. Plus I have to admit, I'm also not a fan of the look with the stitches on the outside.
  4. H

So I bought my final, very very last glove….again!

You are right about Edwin, I actually think he was still wearing it this year, no?
  5. H

Jram is the only other significant player I can think of, and he went to Wilson.
  6. H

I noticed that too. When did he leave Easton??
  7. H

Hahahaha never knew that........and I do remember Neifi as a decent SS with the Rox.
  8. H

Wait, is this a joke? Or does NP actually stand for Neifi Perez??
  9. H

First Base Mitt with Good Palm Padding?

Bit off topic, but this is the one thing I dont like about my custom SP125. The way I shape my gloves and my pocket, I end up catching a lot of the ball over my index finger, and I get a stinger every so often. I really wish Wilson offered the thumb pad option like every glove maker out there...
  10. H

Help me in my glove journey

I was on a similar journey a couple of years ago, only difference is I was looking for something in the 12.5 range. Some folks here recommended the NP7, but I was hesitant to go down in size. I also have somewhat smaller hands (long skinny fingers but a small wrist). After feedback here and...
  11. H

How do you store your gamer over the winter?

We do get a lot of rainouts, if that’s any consolation lol
  12. H

Thoughts/opinions on Rawlings R9 and Encore series

I (Santa) just got an R9 for my 9 yr old for Christmas. For a younger kid who is not ready to handle an hoh or a2000, I think it is a pretty good option. Coincidentally he’d been gaming an old a1000 that belonged to my 15 year old (got it when he was 7-8), I think it is a special edition, super...
  13. H

Gloveworks

Is that The Marlins’ Anthony Bender??
  14. H

How do you store your gamer over the winter?

I'm in Miami.......what is a winter?? Offseason??:)
  15. H

softball or baseball glove for first base, and in general

I'm prolly the less experienced around here, but for what is worth, I used the ASO method on my custom A2000 a few months ago, and it worked wonders. I think the key here is to pour water in those specific areas of the glove, not soak it, or dunk the whole glove in water.