Recent content by Hambo

1. H

Softballs of the Future & Beyond

Precisely...
  2. H

He wasn't, trust me. He hasn't played in anything but rec leagues and assumes that if he is one of the better players on his D-League team that ipso facto he is a B-Level player...
  3. H

Had a conversation with a guy at my local league night who claimed to be a "B-Level" player where I had to explain to him what Cor & Comp were as well as what the "new" U-trip stamp is... Oh really... you play B-level ball?...
  4. H

The game has changed some

When I wrestled in middle school and high school and went to open tournaments I used to wear a Hulkamania T-shirt with sleeves ripped off... It pissed off so many hardcore wrestling fans. Then I won the tournaments and they all shut up.
  5. H

Dropping the pinky

knob cuff will help a lot too
  6. H

Dropping the pinky

Hmmmm... are you using an overlap grip or are both of your hands on the grip? I just recently switched over to a full overlap grip for the same reason that you are dropping your pinky off... to get a better whipping motion on the bat. I haven't had any bruising on my palm though. Maybe you...
  7. H

Full Overlap Grip

Despite the OP being a crybaby, I like this thread... please don't delete it. I want to learn more about these Whip Strips... anyone use them?
  8. H

Terrible Rec League Swing!

I may be way off base here but I think that hitting off of a tee constantly is messing with your timing and swing motion a little. IMO, a big part of learning a slowpitch softball swing is reading the ball and learning to time your motion/swing. There are other guys here who have stressed live...
  9. H

groin strain

That lump is scar tissue... you partially tore your quad My brother did this to his hamstring in track in high school. Still has the lump in his hamstring to this day.
  10. H

MLB Trade Deadline

If I gave you the impression that I have made any conclusions about the type of career Taveras will have, I'm sorry. That isn't what I was saying. I do think it is fair to say that he hasn't lived up to the hype of being "the next Albert Pujols"... Which I thought was ridiculous to say in the...
  11. H

MLB Trade Deadline

Man... the AL looks really really good all of a sudden. Homefield in the WS too...
  12. H

MLB Trade Deadline

Please don't ever lump me in with Gio
  13. H

MLB Trade Deadline

Players never have down years?
  14. H

MLB Trade Deadline

The only really good reason that I can think of unloading Craig is financials... They have potentially big contracts for Adams and Wacha on the horizon and they are also probably thinking about Taveras (which he has basically shown nothing...)
  15. H

MLB Trade Deadline

Creating space in the OF is a benefit but they gave Allen Craig away