Recent content by Hollow Grind

1. Hollow Grind

Glove Wrap and Snowman thingy

An Ace bandage works just fine.
  2. Hollow Grind

Relace help

Does lace stiffness equate to durability/tensile strength?
  3. Hollow Grind

Relace help

SBF store sells Tanners in maroon, would it be the same stuff? billyfitz is pricey!
  4. Hollow Grind

Relace help

Or to rephrase the question, Tanners or Auburn? I looked at the Auburn website, and they package Wilson laces, which from what I've read are subpar?
  5. Hollow Grind

Relace help

Decided to go with maroon lace. Which lace is better/more consistent, Tanners or the fastpitch place?
  6. Hollow Grind

Relace help

Fordham Rams
  7. Hollow Grind

Relace help

Thanks for clarifying! Any opinion on maroon lace? My head tells me to go with tan for durability, as well as to match the original laces, but my daughter who is using this glove will be playing for a college next year that wears maroon.
  8. Hollow Grind

Relace help

I'm guessing based on other threads 2 x 1/4", 1 x 3/16", and 1 x 3/16" skivved? USA direct sells the skivved palm lace - not anything I would try to do myself! Is the skivved palm lace truly necessary? From what I've read, it's more comfortable, but is it more prone to break due to being thinner?
  9. Hollow Grind

Relace help

I need to relace this model glove, though mine looks a whole lot skankier than this picture! Wider lace needed for web and fingers, skivved lace for palm, correct?
  10. Hollow Grind

Finally guys, finally!!

Congratulations to Anna and your family, the travel ball journey definitely requires a commitment by everyone involved. Bonus points for having a wife with the same name as mine! ;)
  11. Hollow Grind

Accidentally Bought Another Horween Glove

If you decide to sell it, I may be interested. Nice glove!
  12. Hollow Grind

Orlando Rawlings outlet

We checked it out, and unfortunately it was kind of weak. A couple of 11.75 HOH, but the thumb loops were all smashed up inside. Almost bought a Heritage blem for $99.99, pretty nice and stiff aged-looking leather, but passed.
  13. Hollow Grind

Orlando Rawlings outlet

...says the swingin' alligator!
  14. Hollow Grind

Orlando Rawlings outlet

I have a SOG Navy Seal knife, but I'm not a collector. I play bass guitar, and the tone of a Fender Precision bass (which I have) has been described as "hollow grind." I thought it would make a cool handle. Ironically, with some of the crappy travel ball teams DD has played on, hollow grind...
  15. Hollow Grind

Orlando Rawlings outlet

DD gamed it in a friendly double header last Saturday, and it's close enough to where she'll bring it to showcase. She found the rigidity of the new mitt helps in her transfer to gun runners. I'll have to go check out the outlet. Better to go and not find anything interesting than skip it and...