Recent content by hookumsnivy

1. hookumsnivy

utrip $150 bat for clinchers

I didn't think you could get the Freak Plus for $150 or less.
  2. hookumsnivy

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I believe it's the 12" model.
  3. hookumsnivy

I was referring to the person who suggested the White Steel.
  4. hookumsnivy

Where can you a brand new one for $150 (must be a store)
  5. hookumsnivy

Let me be more clear. The company is paying for it, so it needs to $150 or less NIW from a reputable dealer. The 585 or Recoil for instance would be bought from the softballfans store. Next year they might switch divisions to one that uses a better ball (I don't remember exactly, but it's...
  6. hookumsnivy

My company team (not very competitive) is looking to get a new bat for the upcoming season. The budget I've been told to stick to is $150. The hard part is that the league uses clinchers. I was looking at the 585, Recoil, Virus Enhanced, but I'm open to others. It must be purchased from a...
  7. hookumsnivy

ASA Is this considered a fake tag

^^^ When you lower your shoulder to knock the fielder down, you're just asking for an ejection. If you're going to run into the guy to make the obstruction call obvious to the lesser umps, don't try to knock the guy down. Just bring attention to the contact.
  8. hookumsnivy

ASA Is this considered a fake tag

You're just asking for an obstruction call if the runner decides to make a turn correctly. If he runs through, then great, otherwise you will likely impede the progress of the runner (if he knows how to run the bases) and a good ump will signal for obstruction. You might just give the runner a...
  9. hookumsnivy

Any whats the call umps

It's not the general consensus that the rule is BS, it's just that guy. He wants to fight with the umps about enforcing the rule correctly. If he doesn't like it, take it up with the proper association's representatives. That's not the umpire. Arguing with the guys enforcing the rules will...
  10. hookumsnivy

Softball Bat Standards Announcement

Assuming he's playing even w/ the bag, it's only about 15 ft. If the pitcher back pedals, it's then around 10ft, maybe less. That's not taking into account that the pitcher can be 6 feet behind the rubber when he releases the ball.
  11. hookumsnivy

Softball Bat Standards Announcement

Maybe you should learn the strike zone:eek: Also, if you don't think the 3rd baseman is strongly impacted from the use of shaved bats you're insane.
  12. hookumsnivy

USSSA's Answer to New Bat Standards Announcement

I've only broken 1 composite bat within a year, but I'm not a masher by any stretch of the imagination. I have 3 utrip bats and I'll be surprised if I break even 2 of them before the ban takes affect. If I manage to break the scx23 before the ban, I'll be shocked. Those things are tanks. I...
  13. hookumsnivy

Batting order based on slugging %

If someone is aiming for a fielder and not open space, they're not very bright. They might aim in their general direction, but hitting it right at a fielder is never a good idea. I'm not saying every error is on a play that is made 99% of the time. Maybe 99% is too high, so let's say 75%...
  14. hookumsnivy

What do you think are the *Unicorn* Bats??

Damn, never even knew that existed. How short a barrel and how many do you have?
  15. hookumsnivy

USSSA's Answer to New Bat Standards Announcement

There has been no proof of NSA making a change? That's straight out of the rule book.