Recent content by Iceman6409

1. I

debate this obscuration or no call?

I agree with that
  2. I

debate this obscuration or no call?

Any thought to the fielder who catches the ball and makes the tag being in the baseline too long before she receives the ball. I get once she has the ball she can block the line or home plate. But she was blocking the line and plate for a good few seconds before receiving and securing the...
  3. I

Double hit question

A batter took a swing at a pitch and clearly nicked it and then on his follow through the ball clearly hit his bat again which at that point caused the ball to clearly go above his and the catchers head. The catcher makes the catch. What is the call?
  4. I

Out of play question

R1 on first. Batter hits a line drive to right field. R1 is on his way to third and the throw comes in from right field and goes out of play. Batter is already on first at the time of the errant throw. Where do runners end up?
  5. I

What would you do?

The way I see this is there are two solutions. One. This is an obvious clear mistake by the umpire, whether it was deliberate or not. But it is fixable in this scenario. It sounds like the batting team CLEARLY won this game minus the untimely incorrect call. So fix it. Admit the mistake...
  6. I

ASA Locating Pitches

Thank you for letting me know
  7. I

ASA Locating Pitches

I think you might be reading too much into my comments. Simple scenario. Pitch comes in with proper arc and crosses the plate in the batters strike zone and is not swung on I very loudly call Strike. If the pitch comes in too high or too low of the arc I have to wait until it lands before I...
  8. I

ASA Locating Pitches

Lol same for both sides of the plate
  9. I

ASA Locating Pitches

Personally I do not call the pitch based on where it lands. As long as it is within the league stated arc and is not of excessive speed then I call every pitch on did it cross over the plate through the individual batters strike zone. That is my generally my only indicator. If a player asks...
  10. I

Foul or Fair?

Thank you for saying this. This is exactly how I feel too. Every one in awhile something happens that I am just not sure about and I always tell the player I would be happy to look into it and I always get back to them about it. I find almost all the time I end up being right but there are...
  11. I

Infield fly scenario

No one touched it and it did stay fair. Game was on artificial turf and this field happens to be fairly soft. Plus the ball was not hit very hard nor was it hit a mile high either
  12. I

Infield fly scenario

The overall issue is that a player said to me that a fielder HAS to make an effort AND make an attempt to catch the ball in order for infield fly to be in effect. His words, not mine. In my opinion both the pitcher and in particular the catcher could have made the catch, the catcher was closer...
  13. I

Infield fly scenario

I know I know. Of course the player does not believe me because we all know all players have read the rule book and actually practice them in games. :) I find that showing them in print form comments from other umpires gives them a way to understand the rule even better. Some will go to the...
  14. I

Infield fly scenario

Runners on first and second, no outs. Batter hits a medium high pop up in between the pitcher and catcher. Infield fly is immediately called, batter is out. Pitcher made a little effort to try and get to the ball but since it was a senior league he could not get there in time. Catcher never...
  15. I

What do you call

Black and white. Thank you ureout