Recent content by Illegal pitcher

1. Illegal pitcher

Other Whoops !

That got your attention, didn't it? Mission accomplished. The reason I said that is because everyone else is assuming that the 3B continued to paying full attention when she heard "strike 3." So, I thought I'd do a little assuming of my own to prove a point. The point is that it's unknown what...
  2. Illegal pitcher

Other Whoops !

The throw wasn't errant - the 3B would have caught it, but she thought the inning was over, so she wasn't paying attention.
  3. Illegal pitcher

Other Whoops !

Like I said before, how do you know that the 3rd baseman didn't take one step toward the dugout when she heard strike 3, and that one step made the difference between her catching and not catching the ball? The ball was thrown into LF, but that doesn't mean the throw wasn't very close to being...
  4. Illegal pitcher

Other Whoops !

How do you guys know that the 3rd baseman didn't take one step toward the dugout when she heard strike 3, and that played a part in the ball going into left field? Or maybe, she just wasn't looking. Only the 3B would probably know for sure. The simple solution is in my previous post. The ball...
  5. Illegal pitcher

Other Whoops !

It would be really simple if there was a rule that said something like "if the umpire mistakenly makes a call that could cause anyone to think that the inning is over, the ball is dead. No runners can advance, and no outs can be made." Problem solved.
  6. Illegal pitcher

ASA Safety Bag

Luckily, each team has a defense.
  7. Illegal pitcher

ASA Safety Bag

Not enough information - we don't know if the batter beat the 1st baseman to the base or not. :thumb:
  8. Illegal pitcher

Other How come SPN is not reference much here?

You can tell the difference between 5.0% and 4.9%??
  9. Illegal pitcher

Any Base line

Why complicate it? It's 3 feet. The number of steps doesn't matter.
  10. Illegal pitcher

ASA Safe or Out

What if it's a hair extension that came off?
  11. Illegal pitcher

ASA Safe or Out

It could be fair or foul. :cool:
  12. Illegal pitcher

Any Why infield fly rule?

I'd say a 30' dribbler towards 3rd base is a poorer hit ball, and sometimes that results in a HIT. So, it's not a big deal if an infield pop-up is 1 out and not 2. The IFF rule helps to prevent intentional drops, and makes things a little easier on the umpires and runners. It probably...
  13. Illegal pitcher

ASA ASA rule for pitching rubber

If you draw an imaginary line from 1st base to 3rd base, the pitcher must pitch from behind that line. If the rubber was 46' (Little League distance) from home plate, then the pitcher would be barely behind that line. OK, I made that up. But that's the only thing I can think of. :p
  14. Illegal pitcher

Any "Run-Through" Tag Up

Or, go back to the base and tag up. :thumb:
  15. Illegal pitcher

Any "Run-Through" Tag Up

It has to be legal to be creative. Plus, baseball players first did it over 100 years ago.