Recent content by ilyk2win

1. ilyk2win

Mooch

I too had a Very similar experience pitching to Stairs. Class guy too, bc after he made the out his first AB, his 2nd time up I allowed a ball to float out over the plate way too far and he took it instead of killing me.
  2. ilyk2win

Mooch

Does location even matter anymore with the hottness of the equipment, the giant sweet spots and batters basically allowed to stand wherever they want?
  3. ilyk2win

Mooch

Did it go away?
  4. ilyk2win

Score keeping question!

As described = hits x2
  5. ilyk2win

Hard cores are ruining USSSA softball

Bauer street hockey wrist bands with the plastic insert help a LOT!
  6. ilyk2win

USSSA 1B fielder catches ball in front of BR, ump calls obstruction?

I'm amazed at how many 1B I see with such poor footwork that their left leg/foot are somehow in the 1B line as they "brace" to field a throw. There's a couple in particular that I have to give a heads up about every time.....league ball and me trying to prevent an injury/collision prior to a...
  7. ilyk2win

As a P, the 52's don't hop any worse than ANY ball on turf during the first touch of the turf. So many factors dictate how that first bounce is going to go on turf, and standing at ~52 feet, it can be rough. I've had more "weird" first-bounces at Viera than I have with any 52 ball.
  8. ilyk2win

Not sure I agree. I umpire ASA and see way too many HR's with mediocre to awful swings.....usually associated with a 25oz Monsta
  9. ilyk2win

But then Monsta would rule the world
  10. ilyk2win

Triple Play?

Triple play so long as the order happened as you stated. If 2B bag was touched before tagging the runner on it they are no longer forced and would only be a double play with a runner on 2B then.
  11. ilyk2win

Balls in USSSA tourneys here are always an issue. Multiple HR's permitted but one new ball per game and then what seems to be a 4 y/o BP ball as the backup. Not uncommon to have multiple versions/manufacturers of a Classic M in the same game as well. One year, balls were not going anywhere...
  12. ilyk2win

Looks promising. I am happy with the construct thus far; no egos bigger than the team. There will be a learning curve for sure with half these guys moving up from E, but that's part of why I'm there I suppose. Easy to look good while winning; the real character of a team is shown when...
  13. ilyk2win

He did his best to get to 4 teams knowing the rain was going to shorten it. Unfortunately, our game was the last one in that round and we were only in the bottom of the 2nd inning when it was called. The fields were bad and it was the correct call......timing just should have been sooner and...
  14. ilyk2win

Played another tourney here in NJ where the TD used 2 different balls for the same tourney.......what I fathom were the "bad batch" Pro M's on 2 fields and Classic M's (2 diff brands) on the other 2 fields (1 of which wind was blowing out to CF hard) in windy 45ish degree weather. 240 bats with...