Recent content by Jammer

1. Jammer

Anyone play wood bat league or tournaments?

One wood bat tourney around here uses 52/300's and teams can bring in bats along with the few supplied bats. Only rule is that both teams can use any bats used.
  2. Jammer

The Definitive And Complete Guide To Fixing Softball

Haha. That was a nice touch.
  3. Jammer

need advice, hitting ball off handle

I hit pitches off the handle sometimes. My fix is mental, I just remind myself to hit it with the barrel. I know that sounds stupid but it works for me. 1 swing thought, barrel up, and I'm back on track.
  4. Jammer

Swinging high or low to hit a homerun?

I like the low pitch personally. Always have, even back in the baseball days. It does feel nice to get a chest high inside pitch and blast it out to left every once in a while.
  5. Jammer

Arm Sleeves

I only wear arm sleeves when I rock my rec tourney all star shirt with the sleeves cut off. Just enough skin showing for my tats.
  6. Jammer

What bat Changed the game for you

Count me in for the '96 DDW as well. That was the first time I hit one out in softball. I was 19 or 20. Swung that thing into a triangle.
  7. Jammer

Define 'piss missile'

A line drive hit so hard that any potential target/infielder is left with piss running down his leg.
  8. Jammer

Why is there a middle rule in most places?

Never see that rule here but I'm thinking a pitch can cover a lot of area by bouncing off to one side or the other without worrying about covering middle.
  9. Jammer

Hottest Bat? No Bat Rules

Wait, Jokers not a Mod? Lol.
  10. Jammer

League vs BP...

League. They keep score.
  11. Jammer

The game has changed some

I don't care what you're wearing. The only two rules I have is number one, be cool. And number two, play hard.
  12. Jammer

How do you keep your bats so clean?

Hats for Bats.
  13. Jammer

how do you measure how good a pitcher is

One pitcher I faced recently was so giant that I thought he was pitching from 40 ft. Seriously the guy looked like Shaq. Then I remembered its underhand and just hit the ball. It was a 15 ft arc, tailing underhand fastball at 5mph faster than the average pitcher. Can't teach size.
  14. Jammer

Jersey Buy-In's??

Thanks XTreme. I'll be placing an order. Bonus that you're in WA.
  15. Jammer

Jersey Buy-In's??

Anyone doing buy-in's right now or in the near future? I'd like to pick up a couple jerseys.