Recent content by JN137

1. J

Bat shopping

I've now gotten around 150 swing or so on it - 3 rounds of BP and 2 tournaments and no issues at all. Just some light webbing early on that hasn't gotten any worse. Super happy with it so far, the thin handle is something I really like.
  2. J

Bat shopping

I've done 2 BP sessions with it, about 50 swings each. So far so good
  3. J

Bat shopping

Update - Just got my hands on an Anarchy Gas. Yeah it's pretty good.
  4. J

Bat shopping

As far as 240s go, the newer LS Genesis are by far the most popular bat I see in tourneys. Probably 80% or more honestly.. With some Tantrums sprinkled in and whoever could get their hands on a Proton. That being said, I had 2 Louisville's in 2023 and could understand the hype to an extent...
  5. J

Why

I agree that it is becoming ridiculous at this point. Teams are using Hard Core Pro M's or Short Porch's at BLD in 50* weather. It's a joke. Guys are literally MISSING the ball, hitting can of corns off the hands and they are going out. Remember when they "changed the stamp" in Utrip to make...
  6. J

What is your softball kryptonite?

What's the one thing, no matter how miniscule or ridiculous that just always screws up your game? A specific field is bad luck? Playing at night? Playing when your wife and girlfriend show up at the same time? Mine: I am weird about my feet, so when the batter's box is screwed up it messes with...
  7. J

Strategy: Where & Why?

The only situation where you would ever throw to 1B here would be 2 outs and the batter either falls down or is injured and basically walking.
  8. J

New utrip rules, etc

If there was ever a "money grab" I could get behind, it would be requiring guys standing 50' away from a 100+ mph ball to wear face protection. When an object is moving directly at your face, you don't even know until it is almost there. I applaud the pitchers that can legitimately play their...
  9. J

Describe One Of Your Best Defensive Plays

This one doesn't quite count, but I had a "nearly" unbelievable play to end a game a few years ago. I was playing CF, it was bottom of 7 with 2 outs, we were up by 1. 1 guy on. Guy hits a ball to RC, pretty deep. I'm running back and to my left, to the fence. I get to the track and just...
  10. J

Getting moved around in the batting order? Discuss

A lot of softball lineups are made with politics in mind rather than scoring runs, unfortunately.
  11. J

USSSA Announces (Again) - No more 220s

So, UTRIP again changes the rules for new stamp / old stamp bats in tournament play. "As of January 1, 2023 the bat standard will be the 240 Stamp only for all GSL/USSSA. Bat testing will pass at 240 for tournament play. This includes the USSSA Challenge Cup. This does not include USSSA league...
  12. J

Lowest compression bat you've seen.....

Not really sure how I feel about compression testing to be honest. Not that I don't think the testing is accurate.. I'm just not so sure it is a reliable representative of performance. This weekend, I left my usual gamers at home as I was pretty confident they were not going to pass. But, I...
  13. J

Official Last Bat 2022

Liner to dead center. CF was playing way deep, caught it standing on the dirt (fence 330'). Jerk.
  14. J

Utrip

The entire 240 ploy makes no sense to me. They made this big fuss about 220s going away only to allow them indefinitely in all USSSA play that isn't conference, which is 98% of the softball world. If they really want to change the game, change the ball.