Recent content by lakeyale13

1. lakeyale13

Learning the long ball! Have questions.

The "at will" is the key phrase. I can hit the ball 330-370 but have no ability to do it at will. I just swing the bat and it could be a hard line drive, ground ball or bomb. It takes a special person to just hit bombs at will.
  2. lakeyale13

Glove sizes for baseball & softball

I have a Bryce Harper HOH 13" that is absolutely perfect for me. I usually play OF or 1B.
  3. lakeyale13

Glove sizes for baseball & softball

How many of you all play softball with a glove under 13"? I feel like I would be giving up an advantage by going below that size.
  4. lakeyale13

Middle Etiquette - League Play

I hit the middle this most current Spring season. Was having a horrible game at the plate and picked up a light bat and just looked to make contact. I hit a really hard line drive off of the pitchers foot. I could easily have run to first and gotten a single. I simply walked out to the mound...
  5. lakeyale13

What Bat / Bats did you use for Spring-Summer league and will you use them for the Fall?

Just finished up our Spring / Summer league and gonna start our Fall season in a couple of weeks. I started out swinging the WFF and tried everything from DC-41, Bubba Club, and Anarchy. Landed on the Demarini DB44 Juggy. Just a phenomenal bat that I am amazed that more people don't use. I...
  6. lakeyale13

OG Thread: Post what aluminum bat you used back in the day

Worth Blue and Gold EST...Demarini Double Wall distance, Demarini 375.
  7. lakeyale13

Cutting a player from team

Yeah man, you cannot cut the guys that committed and paid their fees already without coming off like a royal horses arse. If you don't want them on the team next year, line up players that are better to take their spot and communicate to the "less than" players that you might not have a spot...
  8. lakeyale13

Motivational Idea for my team

I'd hit a grand slam every at bat and donate the money to a homeless shelter.
  9. lakeyale13

UTRIP 2021 Bat Change

But even a dented up old EST or a flattened sided Demarini would still hit em out. Sigh...the good old days that so many weren't privileged to.
  10. lakeyale13

UTRIP 2021 Bat Change

Can we please go back to using rocks and single wall aluminum bats? Those were the days.
  11. lakeyale13

USSSA Bat recommendation

I would say it all comes down to feel. The Juggy has a different overall feel than the DC-41. Juggy has a shorter barrel and a different feel on contact. DC-41 is definitely going to feel stiffer. I prefer the DB44 over the DC-41, but that being said the DC-41 is an incredible bat and you...
  12. lakeyale13

Girl Pitching Coed

This would be my problem, what percentage of players can make sure they don't hit the middle greater than 50% of the time? I can't. I mean if the ball is middle to middle in, I'm gonna take it left of second. If it is an outside pitch, I'm 43 and play once a week with maybe BP once a week, I...
  13. lakeyale13

Girl Pitching Coed

Nope...never played catcher, but the only time I ever saw a catcher get seriously hurt (Little League through High School) was by a freak accident / collision. The padding and protection prevented just about every "preventable" injury. Now, and these conversations are difficult these days...
  14. lakeyale13

Girl Pitching Coed

LOL, everything but the screen. I would want her to have a mask with the throat guard, chest protector and shin guards. If she was willing to do that, then I think it would take something completely freakish to hurt her.
  15. lakeyale13

Girl Pitching Coed

Agree with you man, as long as she knows exactly what she is getting into and is appropriately protected she should be fine.