Recent content by marshall

1. M

Is the game actually ruined?

I would love to see it be unlimited HR's, hard balls, but either wood or singlewall bats. I'd like to see composite bats go away, but I know that will never happen.
  2. M

big hand stalls.

The Rawlings Beltre has a big hand stall.
  3. M

Infield glove size

I 100% agree with this. Even using my 11.25 in LF I haven't had a play where I thought that.
  4. M

Infield glove size

I use a 11.25. 3B/SS. Rawlings PRO217DM
  5. M

2014 Gamers Thread

Thanks! For being a 11.25, it has a really good pocket for softball if you play TIP.
  6. M

Only Gamer Pics Thread

This is it. No bag, no bat, no cleats, I usually just wear a pair of running shoes and show up with my glove nowadays. I play with a good group of guys that lets anyone swing any bat in the dugout. I used to carry it all, but I stopped playing t'ment ball and only play league now. So after the...
  7. M

2014 Gamers Thread

Sold off all of my other gloves and am now just down to this one. I play 3B, SS, and LF. And yes, I do use this in LF. Rawlings HoH Pro-Mesh PRO217DM
  8. M

Fastpitch/3rd base

I noticed in this past year women's college world series a lot more smaller gloves than in the past. I felt there were quite a few IF using Wilson A2000 I-Web baseball gloves and playing TIP too.
  9. M

infield glove - weight or transfer?

It's all about comfort and everyone is going to be different. I prefer a smaller glove, just for feel and comfort. I grew up an infielder and have always had smaller gloves and have tried the bigger gloves when I started playing softball 7 years ago. The bigger gloves never felt right for me. I...
  10. M

Is it hard to start a team?

It took me about 3-4 years (avg of 3 seasons per year) to get a somewhat reliable set of guys. Even then it's a pain in the butt. This past season I decided I was done after 7 years. It became too much. Babysitting guys to make sure they showed up, guys not paying fees yet showing up with a...
  11. M

Glove weight is over rated....

I never much paid attention glove weight (and still don't for the most part) until I got a Rawlings Pro Mesh PRO217DM. I was using a PP then used the Pro Mesh and was amazed how much of a difference I noticed in weight between the two. Not saying though it makes a difference for me, cause all I...
  12. M

pro17dm price question

I really can't say much about flipping it. However I do have this glove and if you play TIP, it actually has an extremely nice pocket for softball and extremely light if you have any thoughts about buying and using it.
  13. M

Managers/sponsors/ect anyone still rockin regular t-shirt jerseys? Or just me?

On the team I manage (league, no sponsors) I just ask players to wear anything with a # on it. So we have a mix of everyone wearing something different. I try to keep things as cheap as possible for my players.
  14. M

All about the long ball

First - Miken NRG 600 Longest - Mizuno Frenzy RB ASA Most - Easton SCX3 (OG Extended) Last - Worth JHMAY120 As of now, I'm at 25 different model bats I've homered with.
  15. M

Fronting fees for your team

I always front the money for league fees. It's hit and miss every season. I carry 11 players who play, and 3-4 guys who are subs who do not pay but only play when I'm short. Of my 11 main guys, about 7 pay the first or second week. The rest will pay whenever they can get the money, or sometimes...