Recent content by mkaufm1

1. M

Glove Help (Rawlings, Marucci C-MOD, etc)

Agree. Finger pads are nice, but you kind of break a natural one in over time and the horween is durable enough over the haul.
  2. M

Help me replace my Old Reliable

By feel, I would put the HoH ahead of the A2000’s on stiffness and structure. The HOH is also noticeably heavier but not in a way that impacts playability. There are a couple of caveats to my thoughts on the two gloves : 1) my favorite glove for a long time was an A2000, so I don’t think there...
  3. M

One other datapoint, in my experience the ease of breaking-in gloves the natural way is: Mizuno deguchi kip leather (easiest), A2000, A2K, and HOH (stiffest). Assumes not pre-squeezed at the shop, and only gloves I’ve purchased in the last ~3 years.
  4. M

In my limited experience, it may just be time to relace / recondition your Mizuno. It depends on what exactly it’s doing, but replacing inserts (if they’re broken/over flexed) and some fresh laces can add a lot of structure back to a glove. If the GCP has always been too floppy for you, then...
  5. M

Rawlings Customs made in Philippines?

I’m happy with the one I purchased this year. I’ve seen some complaints that some of the lacing could have been done better (laid flatter), but I didn’t have that issue.
  6. M

Rawlings Customs made in Philippines?

Yep. Philippines. The customs used to come from the U.S. but they switched a couple of years back.
  7. M

What’s your favorite glove that you ever played?

Awesome 12.5” and single hinge break. :)
  8. M

I love the tan with gray split welting look!
  9. M

Opinions on lacing color

I think it’s this one… https://forums.softballfans.com/index.php?threads/anyone-else-not-a-fan-of-kip-leather.1407811/post-18450132 I have a GMP first base mitt. 3 years old. Maybe used for 9 games total and the occassional catch…tell me I’m not the only one with an infrequent use first base...
  10. M

Opinions on lacing color

I like my blue laces, but they do bleed onto everything. Black with Tan laces is a good combo (Ken Griffey G Jr special). The Black and Blonde combo seems to be in vogue these days, and may be a good combo with the welting on that glove. White always looks weird to me…grey / white.
  11. M

Rawlings Custom

Looking forward to seeing the pics on 6 weeks. :)
  12. M

Rawlings Custom

Fastback!
  13. M

Yes. I relaced a few times and it brought some shape / life back to the glove that tightening and re-tying didn't.
  14. M

Rawlings Custom

Not super helpful…my 206F index to palm was a little over 1/4” under 12” but it’s stretching a little with break-in. I’m guessing normal factory breaking might be part of their size assumption or the 206 forms generically produce a smaller glove. Best bet if no one replies may be to check out...
  15. M

Rawlings Custom

I’m not familiar with those models. Out of curiosity though, what’s your definition on smaller/larger? Hand fit? Pocket depth? Reach? My clue on reach has been comparing deep vs normal vs shallow depth pockets of the same size glove and assuming a shallower pocket of the same size glove will...