Recent content by mkaufm1

1. M

Got a new DMS glove

Just think what Ozzie’s dWAR would have been with a basket web!!!
  2. M

Never would have guessed this one was still around…

Long story short, my dad passed last year and my mom has been clearing out the house in prep for moving to a smaller place. Tucked away in the top shelf of a closet, probably ~40 years since I last used it, she found a box where my dad had saved my t-ball glove. I popped one lace while trying...
  3. M

Emery Glove co.

I haven’t handled one of these before, but he’s been around glove repair for years so I hoped these would be worth it.
  4. M

Looking for the right glove.

I agree on quality. The gloves we purchased were all great, which isn’t easy to find with kids gloves.
  5. M

Looking for the right glove.

Self confessed glove-sniffer here. Hahahhahaha. I like Gloveworks as well. I’ve purchased two as gifts and had an LHT softball spec catchers mitt for awhile many years ago that was rockstar. My only complaint is the low level of communication during the construction to shipping process, but...
  6. M

Advice on New Glove

I’m a fan of my 504. The one downside is it is a wide glove, so it’s not for someone with smaller hands. If I go for another in the future, I’d be looking at an NP7 to try something a little different.
  7. M

Outfield Timberglaze

Google Rawlings Timberglaze. You’ll see examples with both tan and blonde laces come up at the top.
  8. M

Heart of the Hide

Personally, I like tan on tan; tan with an accent color that I can fix with a sharpie; black on black with split gray welting; brown with that tan lace (like Dan’s timberglaze and tan lace glove); and black with tan lace (ala KG Jr).
  9. M

Split Welting

It’s been awhile, but last time I looked split welting was still in use. The thing to remember is that MLB players don’t usually utilize the full life of their glove and the design is part of their flair like their cleats.
  10. M

Heart of the Hide

I haven’t seen Horween in the customizer in awhile (could be my ignorance). You can still get the tan ones from specialty shops, though.
  11. M

Pro Preferred Pittards lining

The palm pad won’t make the liner last longer, but I prefer it for two reasons: 1) speed of balls coming at me and 2) helps retain the palm shape if you don’t douse the glove in water or oil. I opt for the shell leather as the liner. The backing doesn’t change, but the palm side does, which I...
  12. M

Split Welting

Split gray welting is the way to go on tan, black, or navy… here’s two looks…same color / different leather / different welting option.
  13. M

Hinged I Web

Hooray!
  14. M

Hinged I Web

I like that this is a thing and I’m not alone on this one. 😀
  15. M

Hinged I Web

Super cool. I’m curious how it breaks in. I’ve never seen a hinged i-web in the wild.