Recent content by Mr. G

1. Mr. G

Which bat is Better

KP23. -G
  2. Mr. G

Primo Supermax or DC-41 ?

Go with a 27oz DC or a 2020 27oz Primo Supermax (same bat as the DC; 14' barrel full oz endload). Both of these bats make it almost impossible to miss the ball and, for what it's worth, I swing the same oz bats in all dimensions (12", 14" 1/2 oz, full oz etc....) because it takes the confusion...
  3. Mr. G

2020 Johnny Bailey vs 2021 Johnny Bailey

@ABLXTRA Solid deals on both! -G
  4. Mr. G

RIP Christian Dowling

RIP CD. Tremendous player and an even better person. -G
  5. Mr. G

2020 Johnny Bailey vs 2021 Johnny Bailey

Thanks. I was curious about the 2021 Bailey as well. You're the 3rd person that has told me they don't measure up to the 2020 Bailey. -G
  6. Mr. G

Liberty

So I bought the 13" Liberty, and used it this weekend and was pleasantly surprised with it. I ran some warm water over it, hit it a few dozen times with the mallet and used it in 4 games on Sunday. The leather is much softer than my HOH (which was expected as its a lower grade of leather), but...
  7. Mr. G

Liberty

Curious if anyone has tried the 13" Rawlings Liberty glove(s). I've been using a 12.75 HOH that I like, but am interested in something with a deeper pocket that is made for softball. If anyone has any experience with this glove please let me know. Thanks. -G
  8. Mr. G

What are your gamer bats this year???

'20 Red Suncoast 12" '20 AT18 -G
  9. Mr. G

Slick glove question

I feel you RedsFan, I felt the same way. However after I put 2 fingers in the pinkie, I never looked back. It now feels strange to me to have my hand in my glove the ‘conventional’ way. Similar to gripping a bat; if I don’t have one pinkie off and 2 fingers overlapped it feels weird as well. -G
  10. Mr. G

Hitting it off the handle

Thanks for all of the advice and tips, I incorporated a few of them over the last week. In the end, I think it was just rust and not swinging consistently for so long. Additionally, as much as I didn’t want to think it was a factor, I found it was more mental than physical. I was in my own...
  11. Mr. G

@tonys1 yup I’ve seen those videos too. My son uses one of those drills for baseball. It looks a little crazy but it’s definitely effective. -G
  12. Mr. G

thanks @TWmccoy i think you nailed it honestly. I do feel myself casting when I think about it and I will work to keep my hands in closer. I appreciate you. -G
  13. Mr. G

@Redsfan I appreciate you. I am going to try standing a little further back when I BP tomorrow and concentrate on keeping my hands close as well. Thanks. -G
  14. Mr. G

All good points; I appreciate the input. -G
  15. Mr. G

Like many of you, it’s been months (like 12) since I’ve played and I’m now back to playing a few days a week. However, I’m hitting like crap. Now, I’ve never been anywhere close to a high level player whatsoever, but I’ve always been a good hitter and with decent power. Lately I’m struggling...