Recent content by Nickelnutz

1. Nickelnutz

LTB 24oz. Easton SRV4b

Trying to get my hands on another SRV4b. Has to be 34"/24oz. If you know someone who has one, new or used, send them my way. Must be willing to ship to Canada.
  2. Nickelnutz

Incrediball, and what bat to use.

Like Bama, I've had some solid shots with an ST1-Z with the mush balls. I usually use a 38oz. wood bat, but after a couple games it's hard to get around with.
  3. Nickelnutz

LTB Easton CV12 scg1

Looking for a 27oz. for a friend. This is the red/white one. If you've got one kicking around you wouldn't mind parting with, let me know your price. You must be willing to ship to Canada Thanks in advance.
  4. Nickelnutz

What's your favorite post game beer?

The cold ones. Usually go for a lighter beer too. Can't stand having something like a Guinness after a game, it's just too heavy.
  5. Nickelnutz

Cheapest Bat you went yard with

Put an incrediball out of a 215'ish diamond with a homemade wooden bat my cousin took out of a school garbage.
  6. Nickelnutz

Price Check on a couple fastpitch bats

Got a couple I'm thinking of unloading and I'm looking for an idea of value since they don't come up very often. They haven't seen a ball since these pics were taken last year. Any guesses would be great. 1 - 33"/25oz FP72C - Between 750-1000 hits. Still doesn't feel broken in yet. Has a...
  7. Nickelnutz

Coed ball

We use Incrediballs in our co-ed league. Nobody's getting hurt with those.
  8. Nickelnutz

Heaviest bat you've seen?

I swing a homemade wooden 38+oz. bat for our 3-pitch mush ball league. Don't know how you guys used to use them playing slowpitch back in the day.
  9. Nickelnutz

How many guys wear a cup?

I've never worn one paying ball, but not wearing one for hockey or lacrosse, that's just asking or trouble.
  10. Nickelnutz

What is the worst injury you suffered in softball or witnessed?

My worst was tearing my achilles tendon last year running between second and third. Worst I've seen was a teammate sliding into second and breaking his ankle. Was kinda cool to watch his foot flopping around while they carried him off the field.
  11. Nickelnutz

bat weight vs. testing results

So we had the following conversation in the DeMarini section a few days ago and the thread got buried and slightly off-track with this conversation so I thought I'd throw it up here to try to get some more discussion on the topic. It would be great to have someone with some insight to this chime in.
  12. Nickelnutz

4 Stamp Phenix vs 5 Stamp Phenix

Sorry to keep muddling up the OP with non-Phenix talk, but wasn't the Freak98 not run in a 26oz. because it wouldn't pass but the test but the heavier weights would? Same with the first run of the OG May98, which I thought they fixed the 26oz. to pass? If they're using the same barrel between...
  13. Nickelnutz

Pet Peeve of mine

This is why I'm glad the only time I've got to touch the plate coming home is in slingshot.
  14. Nickelnutz

Tips for an unlimited pitcher

Don't discount the low pitch too. As great as the high stuff is, some people get used to hitting 20'+ pitches and forget how to hit the 6' pitch. The number of low pitches that hit the front of the plate our pitchers have struck people out on is amazing. My best advice is to get consistent...
  15. Nickelnutz

Co Ed League players: Have you ever seen a female hit a homerun?

Not in coed, but watched a lady my mom used to play ball with hit many no-doubters with an single wall aluminum bat and an 11" ball. They played on a 235-250-235 diamond but I'd bet some went nearly 280. I'd love to see her hit with a good composite bat.