Recent content by Parks9

1. P

Shane Shuford, why delete threads?

Oh it wasn't my team he was talking crap about I don't think. The other guy complaining about not being in rec was a different team. I'm not mad about it, I was just wondering if there was a logical answer to my question other than "because" or something like that.
  2. P

Shane Shuford, why delete threads?

Did I ever get an answer as to why Voodoo was playing E? Didn't really care about the other stuff.
  3. P

USSSA Road To Kissimmee, Class E & E Rec, Jan. 28th, Biggerstaff Park, Dallas, NC

Played with Outlaws. I played like crap though but I guess expected after not playing in 2 1/2 months... High Voltage won. Outlaws got second after losing to HV in the first game of the day.
  4. P

Results from USSSA Super Rec World, Oct. 1st & 2nd

Just wondering.... shouldn't the team that won this tournament be moved up to E? I get that they already have the Outlaws so they would now have two teams in E and would just create a new team in Rec again but it was just a thought.
  5. P

Guide me through the marketing BS please - 3 gloves to compare

Hey man spend a little extra on the leather. It is amazing the different between a "cheaper" and high end glove. By the looks of it you aren't wanting a $250 A2k but check out 44progloves.com. Fully custom glove, $155 price point and the quality is amazing. Had mine for 3 years now and the...
  6. P

Dumb question

Used to play fastpitch softball in the summers. We used normal slowpitch bats all the time and they were fine. The fastpitch ball was a little softer and spongy feeling coming off the bat. We turn around and play slowpitch the next day with the same bat and not a single issue. That being said...
  7. P

2016 Last AB Thread

Three run walk off homer to advance to the semifinals.
  8. P

Recommendations for new glove? Please help!

Check out 44progloves.com. I have had mine for 2 years and it is still in great shape. Good leather, laces are nice and thick, and 100% custom made. They make great stuff.
  9. P

Any one hit the miken Patriot

I have the Patriot 27oz balanced as the only bat I swing right now. After about a month or so the bat has fully opened up for me. I'm 5'6" 145lbs, so I am FAR from a power hitter. I used to hit only 1 hr a year and that was only because I would get lucky and then apologize to my team hitting it...
  10. P

Im So Confused

Yeah that's right these days. A lot of the new bats will be either only ASA or USSSA, not both. Some still do both but not as many as before. Utrip has a "new" stamp and unless you have that thumbprint stamp you can't hit it in Utrip, typically.
  11. P

Black Ops Mod

Wanted to show off my own handy work a little bit. I used an old thread, "Demarini Black Ops Mod Shelf parts list," to gather up everything I needed for the project. Instead of wood, I used some plexiglass that claimed to be 240x stronger than glass which was a pain in the *** to cut. After...
  12. P

Smart?dumb?illegal?

Interesting.... but is there really a need to spray paint 1/4 of the ball? Are people walking away with your game balls that often to where you need to do this? Lastly, wouldn't you think that big ole paint spot might mess with your batters' eyes as the ball comes in to hit.
  13. P

Any Can he return to 3rd?

Cool, thanks Bret.
  14. P

Any Can he return to 3rd?

Okay, so this is the case play that sparked my question... 1 out, runner on third. High fly ball hit to the centerfielder. Runner, thinking there are two outs, runs and touches home plate. His coach is yelling "BACK, BACK!" The runner then turns around, touches home again, and returns to...