Recent content by RDD15

1. RDD15

Go Blue!

No, there is literally no such thing as "deep". You are looking for the term "high". Umps and players that use "deep" are using a made-up term. Judging from this pic though, the pitch does not appear to be high. The ball appears to be roughly even with the plate, and certainly lower than the...
  2. RDD15

ASA errant Infield Fly call

Um, I think that you are not getting the definition of "judgement call". The rules do indeed clearly define what fair and foul balls are. The umpire must then make judgement as to whether a batted ball is indeed fair, or foul, according to those rules. I think I understand what Joker is...
  3. RDD15

This would be a misapplication of the rules, so yeah you can protest that ruling. But I think that you know what I mean. In your example, you are not protesting whether the umpire judged the ball in fair territory, you are protesting how he mis-applied the rules by saying that because the...
  4. RDD15

I think you have missed on this one, Joker. Out/safe, ball/strike, and fair/foul are judgement calls. An ump makes a judgement on fair/foul on every single legally batted ball that is not caught before it hits the ground. If fair/foul was not a judgement call, then it would be protestable...
  5. RDD15

Rover or extra OF???

This made me laugh. Well done.
  6. RDD15

Is throwing overhand just an illegal pitch?

While we may disagree about the ethics regarding an intentional walk, this made me lol. Savage, and hilarious.
  7. RDD15

Is there still any question about "who is whats wrong with softball" in this thread? Ballfield badasses that want to fight everyone and get all pissed off about what happens in a softball game need to go away. Seriously, a lot more people would play if certain guys didnt show up to league...
  8. RDD15

Batter's box

Yeah, I get it I suppose. Maybe me just being cranky when i posted that this morning and I didnt need to leave a reply, but what he posted didnt seem to have a lot to do with the point of this thread. We were talking about batters boxes, not how wide the plate is.
  9. RDD15

Batter's box

Huh? The batters feet may not be on the plate. I dont know why you would add the width of the plate to the size of the batter's box. Honestly, you bring a ton of confusion and misinformation to the "Ask the Umpire" section on a pretty consistent basis. This may be a forum for you to read and...
  10. RDD15

Thats an epilogue, homes.
  11. RDD15

One might argue that it is a quintessential softball player issue to believe that a team owes it to you to pitch to you, and not employ good strategy. He might work hard, he might be a better player. But he is a wrong if he thinks that he deserves to dictate the other team's strategy in any...
  12. RDD15

Batter's box

Also, the box is 7feet long by 3 feet wide, and starts 6 inches from the plate. If you need to be 42 inches from the edge of the plate in order to hit, then you need a whole helluva lot of real estate.
  13. RDD15

Batter's box

The FAQ on batters boxes. Your feet must be completely inside the batters box when the pitcher delivers the ball. Part of each of your feet must be inside the batters box when you hit the ball. If no batters box is drawn, the umpire's judgement of where the box is will determine where the box...
  14. RDD15

ASA Slowpitch Softball Question:

So I think we all know what SHOULD have happened. The question here is, now that we are day-after, does the losing team have any recourse to protest (not "appeal")?
  15. RDD15

USSSA Interference and 2nd ball on field

So if no one was covering first base, the runner that was retired was not impeding the defenses opportunity to retire the BR. Right? No interference here, as long as I am reading correctly.