Recent content by Redfuzzbutt

1. R

CC Viera - pitching nets

I'm from the west side and haven't encountered pitching nets before, outside of BP. I understand that the further east you go, the more common they become and, therefore, acceptable it is. Here's what I'm asking: from an offensive standpoint, do you find them disruptive? And defensively, do you...
  2. R

Safety Practices When Pitching

Pitcher on pitcher violence is 100% acceptable. Most of the stuff on here, for pitching, is good stuff. It's beginner, fundamental, but good. But also, let's be honest about the position. The position is either because you think you're a badass or you act like you're a badass. Lots of glory...
  3. R

ball hits runner on base

Absolutely nothing to do with this post specifically, but I wanted to voice my appreciation for this forum and those that participate to provide an accurate understanding of the rules and scenarios. Thank you.
  4. R

Demarini RD EL

Did my first tourney with bat, did a little BP before then to try and get a better feel for it. Bat has maybe 50 swings on it at this point. Swings very similar to my DC41, end load etc. That's exactly what I was hoping for, even though it's an oz heavier. My first senior bat I've swung and...
  5. R

Demarini RD EL

Thanks man! With the EL, would you say it's noticable or barely there? Was hoping to get it this week and do some bp this weekend before next week's tourney but apparently, sending a bat requires two days to "package" it.
  6. R

Demarini RD EL

Snatched one up for a solid price, biggest selling point was that it was in a 29oz. Anyone swung one yet and anything notable about the stick? Just curious how it compares to other similar senior sticks.
  7. R

Official 2020 Last AB Thread

Last game of tourney with two strikes, I got lazy and wasn't ready for the quick pitch. Liner straight to RF, easy out.
  8. R

USSSA double play ?

The veering off, from a rule enforcement standpoint, obviously does have the potential to be interpreted as interference. Which is why it's a judgement call, because it can happen at different times when the runner is moving towards the base (early on in the play or at the last second). Ducking...
  9. R

New glove dummy questions

Thank you for the input, it is appreciated. Now it's time to dig in a little deeper and weigh in the differences, and go from there.
  10. R

Maybe I should have clarified a little better, as this isn't a 'LTB' thread. I appreciate the offers so far but frankly, I need to be directed a certain way (manufacture, model, style, etc) that fits with what I've already described. There's a lot of knowledge here (and passion), which is why...
  11. R

LTB a new glove and I am a novice with what it is I want. I'll try to get some specifics of what I know and look for recommendations based off of that. Small, not very flexible hand (wear M batting gloves) Wear batting gloves with fielding glove Traditional finger placement, index finger...
  12. R

Official 2020 Last AB Thread

Totally hear you when it comes to that relief part, coming out of a slump. Been batting like **** past two weeks in league, playing 4 nights a week. Got picked up for a tourney as an emergency player and played two games with a handful of doubles and triples, going 8 for 8. I know it sounds...
  13. R

Notable differences

A lot of this is similar to coed ball, so the familiarity will be beneficial. I imagine the basics of the game will be mostly what I'm use to already. In speaking with someone else who recently started playing on the 40+, he said it's very different. The batters are much more patient and...
  14. R

Notable differences

I'm joining a 40+ team starting this coming year, as long as 2020 is all out of curve balls and nothing else drastic happens this year. Question is: What are some of the major differences that you've noticed when joining senior softball vs traditional ball (ASA, utrip, whatever)? Is it just...
  15. R

NSA Runner to 1st out of base path

Thank you. That was my understanding as well. The play had no effect on the outcome of the game, just wanted clarification for future scenarios.