Recent content by rkdgator

1. rkdgator

Jacksonville BP (St. Johns Mills Fields)

Glad to hear Papa Bear has recovered enough from his shoulder surgery to be back out there hitting again. I speak from experience when I tell you there could not be a better guy on or off the softball field. The very first BP I took when I moved to Jax was with Curt, Chad, Joey, Dave and Jenn...
  2. rkdgator

Bros helping out bros!

LOL I can say I have made plenty of good friends and discovered the CST here in Jax because of SBF. Overcoming stereotypes on a daily basis ;)
  3. rkdgator

WR Titan serial question

The only Titan I've gotten back on a return was a 2009 and it said "Replacement" on the handle where the serial # would usually be. I'm guessing without a # or anything else they know it's a replacement. I think the last Miken I got back still had a serial # but had a small mark burned into...
  4. rkdgator

Miken RECOIL

Partly true. They do break in quickly and the one I had broke pretty quickly too. It was a great bat while it lasted though. I had the choice of F+ or Psycho for the return on it. I've had a + so I went with the Psycho. Have not hit it much but I assume it's pretty much the same bat as a...
  5. rkdgator

What balls to use down in south Texas?

If they're classic M it's .40-325. I don't like the new TA's much for the heat we've been playing in but the Sharks and X-Rocks seem to hold up ok. Tatoo's seem to start hot but die pretty quickly and everything else I've seen sounds like a sock full of sawdust. Don't know about Evil or Guru...
  6. rkdgator

This was a first in a while...

I was thinking the same thing. Apparently the Northern Idaho Eastern Washington region is the dirtiest in America. The piles of composite shavings in the parking lot must have looked like ant hills.
  7. rkdgator

Bush League

We have one of these every other week and despite some people whining about it if the hitter does not run to first I think they deserve what they get. Not bush However I can't stand the fake 3rd out trick. Runner(s) on base and an infielder makes the second out and starts jogging off the...
  8. rkdgator

GTG kreug5 is GTG!

Well that should take him all of about 30 swings to destroy. Guy hits the ball further than just about anybody I've seen in person, and I've played with pros and HOF'ers. Kreugs is a beast!!!
  9. rkdgator

Vinci information

Well I'll disseminate some information about Vinci. I have a pair of the Bones Batting Gloves that have lasted me more than two years. I've even bought other pairs which are on stand by but I just cannot kill these things. What's up with you guys making products that last anyway? :D
  10. rkdgator

Why dont all leauges just supply the balls?

That might work in Ma. but teams in N FL are poor and rarely sponsored (at least league teams). If they raise the fees any more we'd end up with fewer teams. I understand that the teams are going to spend the money anyway to buy their own but most would rather spread the expenses out instead...
  11. rkdgator

Death at the field

Had something very similar happen a couple years ago in league. My team is waiting at the bleachers for the game before us to finish. Things are starting to get pretty heated between the two teams on the field and some words are exchanged between innings. A kid is coming out of his dugout and...
  12. rkdgator

new to the board, New to slow pitch

No a success :D This man speaketh the truth :cool: There are a few YouTube vids about softball swings. Or you can just watch vids of Rusty and try to hit it like he does. Should be pretty easy.............
  13. rkdgator

Big Albert traded

I think that contract was pretty frontloaded. He made almost $25m last year. Hope he and Beli have fun together!
  14. rkdgator

Guru Softballs

This would be the man to ask........... http://forums.softballfans.com/member.php?u=58333
  15. rkdgator

new to the board, New to slow pitch

This coming from an international criminal who wears a size 6 shoe :rolleyes: