Recent content by SBfanz42

1. S

Rawlings Hypershell

When :)
  2. S

JD8 vs 207 pattern

I know the JD8 is 12.5” and the 207 is 12.25 but curious to hear if anyone can give me a comparison. How much bigger does that 1/4 inch play on the JD8? Which pattern is wider? Looking for something to game at SS. Currently using a 12” GGE and it’s feeling a bit small as I get older.
  3. S

Pro Preferred Leather Thickness/ Weight

Just to add to the fun here, we just weighed my buddies primo sherry, same specs as the Bruciato except with a modified single post, and it is a full oz lighter.
  4. S

Yep they were! Pro 200-6
  5. S

Anybody notice a difference between the PP leathers in terms of their thickness/ weight? I’ve got a rich tan and a camel PP but I was playing with my friend’s bruciato the other day (same model/ size as my 2) and it seemed much thicker and heavier. He said he didn’t oil it or anything. We...
  6. S

Glove recommendations for 2B

I use a Rawlings 206 or my DW5 at the deuce
  7. S

Need advice

I use the DW5 and love it for Middle IF softball
  8. S

Storing gloves for the winter

Do you put a ball in the pocket when shelving it? Rest it on it’s side?
  9. S

Yup that’s exactly what I ordered!
  10. S

Found some closet room NEXT to the garage. Gonna buy hanging shelves so they can each have their own space (6 gloves) ... So they’ll be a little chillier than whatever temp it is in the house, but not freezing in the garage. Thanks for the tips, Maverick. The trunk and blanket system is...
  11. S

How/ where do you guys store your gloves til spring? Specifically those of you who live in colder climates. I’m on the east coast so the winter may be brutal. Last season I stored my gloves in a trunk in my guest bedroom with a blanket on top to keep ‘em extra warm. But since then, my...
  12. S

New Jeff Hall Bat

Ditto to all these comments. Eager to hear a review on this new Z1000. Asa especially ... eyeing some OG Z’s on the bay but hoping my money will be better spent on this new line.
  13. S

New Jeff Hall Bat

Was this with ASA or Utrip?
  14. S

Price check ...a custom Pro Preferred 208

Strongly agree. I had a similar issue with my pro 200 custom and just kept working on the break in. Wound up loving it, easily my favorite glove now.
  15. S

Turfs vs Molded

Old man alert: Orthotics really helped me feel more comfortable in my cleats. Eliminated shin splints.