Recent content by SevenBizzos

1. SevenBizzos

I’m a right handed batter having issues hitting to left field.

I doubt any middle-right hitter is going to see much of any "shift". The midfielder might move, but that's about hit. Hits are hits. If seven guys move to the right side of the field, I'm sure you can figure out how to gently slap one to the left side.
  2. SevenBizzos

ASA Hustle in/hustle out Rule

There's no need to "penalize" a team for not hustling in and out. If your game has the field for 1:00, 1:10, or whatever your time slot is, you spend it how you wish to spend it. You paid for it and if the game ends in five innings because you lolligagged, well, that's on you. No need for the...
  3. SevenBizzos

Local league question..

This is the same everywhere. Good players want to play with peers and they will normally play together. Bad teams don't like losing, so any time a bad team loses they are going to complain and/or quit playing. Most good players were once bad players and took their lumps on their way to...
  4. SevenBizzos

Any Unsportsmanlike Conduct?

Verbal interference
  5. SevenBizzos

Any Calling ''TIME''

Did he say it in all caps?
  6. SevenBizzos

ASA Does the run score??

Your first post you choose to get in on the bit. Good work.
  7. SevenBizzos

Any Question Concerning Ruling with Fly Ball/Tags

That's a bit weird. It's really hard to call something you didn't see. As a home plate ump in a huddle, I'm sticking with my no call, because I didn't see a catch or signal it. I'd really struggle with ending a game like that. With a catch called, runner 2 was eligible to be tagged for...
  8. SevenBizzos

USSSA Illegal ball

(Unfamiliar with USSSA rulebook and looked 15 minutes for this). Team hits a foul ball out of play, throws a GSL ball in. Pitcher sees it, pitches, and the ball is put into play. Our understanding was that you had to wait until the ball was put into play and then protest it. That is what...
  9. SevenBizzos

About 10yrs ago...

I took a couple of BP rounds with one last night. Very impressed.
  10. SevenBizzos

Price Check FLEX 26

First go with Imgur here, so I hope it works. Price check for now and a guess at April as well for a 26oz. FLEX. Original owner, at most 400 swings by a light hitter. Haven't located the warranty card, but assume it's around. League .52s (100), USSSA Classic M's (100), and BP Mix (200)...
  11. SevenBizzos

Correct Scoring

No at bat, and a run must score, yes. An easier way to measure performance in softball is just use OBP - as others have shown you. You can obviously get even more creative with stats, but OBP is probably the best.
  12. SevenBizzos

Mandatory helmets for pitchers after player dies

The whole thing is sad. The guy did play and I'll assume he knew the risk when he took the field. Adding a mandatory helmet rule is fine, but you're also going to have to approve the design and performance of said helmets. It's not going to be an overnight thing. You're adding another rule...
  13. SevenBizzos

Comp Testing in League

1) There's a few that do bat testing. Usually it's at the beginning of the season and if someone wishes to put up money during. 2) Yes, I do. It at least suppresses the cheating. It's better with tested bats than without. I have seen the sticker process compromised, so it's not perfect, but...
  14. SevenBizzos

NSA going to 44 cor balls???

I can only report what people have told me. USSSA/GSL is the only local way to play now. NSA pays winners, has a better roster system, and lets you hit your own balls. It's an overall a better sanction, but it's dead. It's not like people are huge fans of dancing pitchers and ankle high...
  15. SevenBizzos

Running up the score, taking extra bases, etc- thoughts?

I always thought it was keep hitting, but don't press. I played with a conference player and that mentality infuriated him. His thought was go 100% at all times and destroy the other team. Get the game over in 30 minutes if you can. He's better than me and I've played 3000 games. I'm not...