Recent content by shotcaller

1. shotcaller

Any Question for the umpires

agreed it would be the same as if a pitch was made to another batter,in essence when they decided to walk the second batter they gave up on any appeals for the first one missing the base.
  2. shotcaller

USSSA Did I eject too quickly?

easy way At the coin toss I explain to both coaches that if there is a disputed call I would talk to them and them only,if anyone leaves their position or dugout to scream and holler than they will be sitting the rest of the game in the parking lot.Nip the problem in the bud by putting the onus...
  3. shotcaller

USSSA Alright guys, give me your interpretation of this one...

actually it actually means the run rule is in effect starting the 3rd inning at 15,the 4th inning at 15 and the 5th and succeeding innings at 10 runs.It doesn't mean that there are only two innings with a run rule in affect
  4. shotcaller

USSSA Alright guys, give me your interpretation of this one...

run rules Here in Wichita leagues they have the same run rules,It can mean a 2 and a half inning game,if the home team is ahead by 15 and visitors don't get within the 15 runs then home doesn't even have to bat.
  5. shotcaller

USSSA Defining "underhand pitch"

wrist flip I had a pitcher do this a few times a game and I noticed it the second time he did it,his arm was almost perpendicular to the ground and he would rotate his wrist so his hand was above the ball and release it,still the same type arc(maybe a little flatter) but definitely no longer an...
  6. shotcaller

USSSA Got a Coed question

league rules league rules supercede associations rules.here in Wichita you can play down to 8 with two outs in mix.in co-ed you can play more males than females with the appropriate number of outs for each missed female
  7. shotcaller

ASA Trash Talk: Illegal or just poor Sportsmanship

verbal interference on the part of the catcher yelling as the ball comes in if his yelling causes the batter to check his swing or interrupt it by the yelling then you can have verbal interference.But I would warn the catcher first.
  8. shotcaller

USSSA usssa rule help needed

got it got it,thanks eddie
  9. shotcaller

not sure Your ejection was proper (5.9.F). You should have allowed a legal substitute to go to first base (8.7.G). If there was no substitute, then declare the out. If that dropped them below 9, forfeit.not sure how 8.7g would be invoked as there was not an accident or incident that prevented...
  10. shotcaller

situation:pitcher intentionally walks a heavy hitter who gets mad and throws his bat so that it directly strikes the fence and the entire bat goes thru the links and almost hits a child in the head.I immediately call time,eject the player for unsportsmanlike conduct and declare an out,which...
  11. shotcaller

USSSA sliding

no rules no rules covering sliding unless it is to take out a defender.
  12. shotcaller

USSSA Touching a base (Coed)

runner out for not touching runner is out for not touching second.same as if she were to run in reverse order,
  13. shotcaller

ASA New umpire - helpful tips, etc

welcome welcome to the ranks,enjoy yourself and always learn as you go.This is a great forum for all umpires,new and vets.Dont be afraid to ask questions,when in doubt ask
  14. shotcaller

Any Another interesting rule was brought up this weekend

homerun i would rule it a homerun as the ball was already over the fence,the player didnt in any way cause the ball to go over as he reached over the fence to tip the ball.If he had caught i would have called an out.
  15. shotcaller

USSSA alternate uniform site

unifroms I call for USSSA,ASA,ISA and WSL so uniforms can be expensive but like eddie and most umpires who are in it for the love of the game the cost is part of what we do.I do wish that associations wouldnt change uniform designs so much or have soo many to get.