Recent content by skyspy

1. skyspy

For Sale Wilson a2000 1796 11.75

Did you do the DP15 mod on the wrist? Any flaring done to the fingers?
  2. skyspy

Just received my Custom Rawlings

I like where you're going with that, Gators. The color combo of this glove is great. If I were going to do the custom on this glove, though, I'd reverse it and keep blonde on the palm and web and do primo on the back. That's mainly because the darkening and wear on the palm would be expected...
  3. skyspy

Just received my Custom Rawlings

Very nice! Been admiring the Rawlings primo sherry for a while. Looks really good with the camel.
  4. skyspy

Lacer Remorse

Haha! Just like Rusty said!
  5. skyspy

Lacer Remorse

OK. All is most right with the world again. I swapped out the T-web for a closed one and went back to black and tan. I'm at peace once more. Nok1200.3 by skyspy posted Feb 5, 2017 at 5:04 PM Nok1200.4 by skyspy posted Feb 5, 2017 at 5:04 PM
  6. skyspy

Lacer Remorse

I personally love them. The 1300H plays pretty big. So for baseball it's an outfielder, but would probably do well in the softball infield. The 1200H is my favorite for baseball. They both break in very well but, as usual, I found the Nokona laces a little light and replaced them with Tanners...
  7. skyspy

Lacer Remorse

Yeah, I know. I went black and tan on its big brother the Pro L-1300H. And it came out OK! Nokona 13.1 by skyspy posted Dec 11, 2016 at 11:24 AM
  8. skyspy

Lacer Remorse

No, pkc, I think you're right. The web does seem a hair short. I have a closed web that I may switch it out for. I just like the modified trapeze webs and thought I'd give it a shot. Oh well!
  9. skyspy

Lacer Remorse

I just can't leave well enough alone. I only do simple relacing projects as a means of therapy. So, with a stack of tanners tan lace laying around, I got the idea to order a T-web from Nokona and do a Rawlings-style modified trapeze web on my Pro L-1200H. Took a few extra holes punched but was a...
  10. skyspy

Glove Repair

Rats. And I come here to get away from Facebook.
  11. skyspy

Glove conditioning

Try a little moisturizing cream between the fingers at night and then a good cool morning rinse. Whatever you do, don't take it outside in warm weather. That's the worst thing ever for a baseball glove.
  12. skyspy

For Sale Rawlings USA made PRO-6

Somebody got a good glove, especially with the rebuild and lacing Rous did on it. Very nice "weathered patina" on that one. Congrats.
  13. skyspy

For Sale Rawlings USA made PRO-6

Wish I even halfway needed a new glove right now; I really like the looks of that. Excellent choice on those tan laces. You can't kill that Horween leather.
  14. skyspy

I'm Not A Pro Relacer But...

Good observation, Drum. As I said, I'm no expert; I was just doing this for fun. Spent about three weeks playing around with it and looking at photos I'd made of the original lacing. There's probably a better way to do it, but for the side spirals, I wound them over a spare piece of 1/4 lace and...
  15. skyspy

I'm Not A Pro Relacer But...

Thanks for the kind words, folks! I was thinking the same thing!