1. Sonic625

USSSA FAQ's

updated first post with current info as of April 2024
  2. Sonic625

ASA/USA Rulebooks and FAQ's

updated information as of April 2024 in the first post
  3. Sonic625

Any Rule Book Links

It only took them 20 years to do this. I have updated the OG post with 2024 links except ISA as I couldn't find their newest link if they are even still around.
  4. Sonic625

Getting moved around in the batting order? Discuss

Early on I took it personally if I was not in the top 6 of the lineup. Now in the later part of my time playing, I will volunteer to be at the bottom as I find it fun for the teams to think they got past the good players and then hit the hell out of the ball.
  5. Sonic625

This place used to be the bomb.

Yep, it ran for many years and then I got a new job and my free time became less so I stopped for a couple of years and no one volunteered to keep it going. I tried a few years back and only had 4 signups so I canceled it.
  6. Sonic625

Here is a throwback post from awhile back
  7. Sonic625

I blame Covid and 4SBF 🤣
  8. Sonic625

ASA anyone has done the USA softball 2022 test? or not available yet for you?

Not available to us yet, we have heard our will be around the first of February
  9. Sonic625

Editing Text - Hightlight doesn't show up

What browser are you using? Are you talking about like what is in the pic below?
  10. Sonic625

ASA Foul ball vs foul tip

IMG_1933 by Sonic625 posted Apr 4, 2021 at 10:39 PM Here is the foul tip rule from the 2020 USA softball rulebook, the end of the foul ball rule is above it. The rulebook is available on the iOS app store
  11. Sonic625

ASA Foul ball vs foul tip

I believe there used to be a rule in ASA for a ball hit to be become a foul ball vs a foul tip was a perceivable arc. However I think the wording was replaced and now there is no height requirement, is that correct? I have scoured the 2020 ASA rulebook and cannot locate this reference...
  12. Sonic625

What would you do?

I had a similar situation where my team was in the field in a co-ed game. 2 outs runners on 2B and 3B, the batter was a male and ended up walking forcing in the winning run. The batter never went to first, run scored and umpire called ballgame. I appealed to the home plate umpire the batter...
  13. Sonic625

ASA delayed out call?

I don't think that would be called. The umpire used his judgement to call time if there was not going to be any advancement or out to be made.
  14. Sonic625

ASA Friday 13th Play of the Day

Good question, I have not seen that one before but would say if the pitch was not made yet she could still walk.
  15. Sonic625

ASA Batter Crossing Home Plate

Pending he/she makes contact... I have seen any people try this and miss and think the inning is over but have to tell them it's just a strike.