Recent content by sw44057

1. S

What would you tell the league director?

Would just ask for my teams entry fee back.... not gonna let someone else break my bat... or add additional wear to it.
  2. S

Best ASA Team Bat

Thanks for the info
  3. S

Best ASA Team Bat

I know this question has been in multiple times, but I can't seem to find them anymore. What are the most durable ASA team bats in your opinions for under $250?
  4. S

Ideas for jersey sponsors?

Up until this year we went to a local bar and got them to pay for the jerseys in return for our business after the games. As long as we spent $100 per week as a team at the bar/restaraunt the owner was happy. This year we got in with a local chain of restaraunts and they let us hold a fund...
  5. S

For all you guys getting paid by cheaters.

I used to get upset all of the time when I thought someone was swinging a shaved stick. Then I filled in on a team that was using one and decided to try it. Can't say that it improved my hitting all that much. I figure it will probably make someone with warning track power a home run hitter but...
  6. S

Player Struck in Head

Our prayers are with him
  7. S

Walking a home run hitter.

I'd walk him with no one on base just to piss them off if they're going to run their mouth
  8. S

Hit & Run

This explains why everytime I try to pitch out my catcher never throws to first and just stares at me
  9. S

struck out swinging...

I got one that will make you feel better. Last set of games before playoffs. All we need to do is win the last game and we're in. We load the bases with no outs down by one in the bottom of the seventh. Ump has been horrible all day, calling strikes for pitches that land on the plate and even...
  10. S

Pitchers

I pitch him low and outside and hope for the best while realizing either way I'm going to the bar when it's over
  11. S

ASA Profanity Rule

Thanks. I don't think I'm going to ask the LD about it since it's just a rec league. It could've cost us the game so I wanted to see if there was a rule on it or not
  12. S

ASA Profanity Rule

We had a game tonight where we had a run taken away for profanity. No outs, runner on first and third. Batter grounds ball to SS who touches second and throws to first barely beating the runner. The runner from third scores. Despite my best efforts to quiet the batter he proceeds to run his...
  13. S

Craigslist Reply-Awesome

What you didn't read was this players first self advertisment where he refers to himself as god and claims he once hit a ball so far that NASA was tracking it. He ends his first ad by saying how he is a humble player at heart but won't hesitate to run over his grandma if she is blocking the plate
  14. S

ASA ASA ejection for throwing glove down in OF

Keep your glove on, stop acting like a kid. We all get upset when we mess up but there is no need to act like a kid when you do
  15. S

Best Play Seen in Your League this Season?

My shortstop took one to the groin.