Recent content by The Mad Hatter

1. The Mad Hatter

For Sale/Trade 34 / 27 Demarini Flipper ASA for trade or sale

I've got a 34/27 Black and Green Demarini Flipper ASA. Got the bat a year ago for ASA Worlds in OKC and really haven't swung it since. Beat has been in my bat bag and cosmetically isn't shiny, but in reality I probably only have 150 swings MAX on it (and probably only 30 since it was compression...
  2. The Mad Hatter

Piriformis muscle????

I have piriformis problems. Went to the doctor to get an MRI on the area, and they found degenerative conditions in the lower back that was fouling up the nerves in my back. Doc told me the pain in the piriformis was actual problems with my back and the nerves that connect it to the piriformis...
  3. The Mad Hatter

What you taking for pain after Tournaments?

Ibuprofen or Naproxen. If I played a lot of games I'll soak the crap out of my legs in a cold water / ice water tub with Epsom salt - really helps the legs recover. Do that for 15 minutes 1-2 times (or more if I can). Stretch lots before I go to bed, drink plenty of G2 or other electrolyte...
  4. The Mad Hatter

For Trade ds plauge 27oz

I've got a 26.5 Jeff Hall Mutant (blue and yellow) in great shape with a nice rattle and almost broken in. Bat is clean. I'd want a little bit of extra cash out of the deal but if it's something you're interested in PM me....
  5. The Mad Hatter

How good is Insanity?

Insanity was a great alternative for me to traditional cardio. one of the best things about it was the ability to work muscle groups similar to ones you would use on the diamond. As a pitcher after doing the workout I found my legs to be much stronger and it gave me to ability to pitch 5 or 6...
  6. The Mad Hatter

For Sale/Trade 2 27oz FL jmac plagues...

Interested in a trade? I've got the opposite problem - don't play any ASA out in California. I've got a 27oz Worth Mayhem 98 (gray model). Very popular ASA bat. maybe 2 for 1 trade?
  7. The Mad Hatter

For Sale Spike Baker 27bal NR

PM sent. $85 sounds good.
  8. The Mad Hatter

Anyone make a net to hit into?

Bought some heavy duty fish net on ebay for $15 about 4 years ago, screwed in a couple of heavy hooks from Home Depot out of my garage ceiling and had my indoor hitting screen up and running. Worked great!
  9. The Mad Hatter

fitted hat question

Sorry - don't know why it truncated the website. Just go to ebay and type in "hat stretcher" - you'll see what I mean. There's a Fat Charley's Hat Stretcher that would do the trick along with loads of other options...
  10. The Mad Hatter

fitted hat question

I found a guy on ebay that makes a hat stretcher. Pretty ingenius - two pieces of curved wood and a long bolt that you can adjust. Place in the hat and adjust the bolt until the hat is stretched. Keep in place for a day or two. Works well and pretty inexpensive...
  11. The Mad Hatter

P90X vs. Insanity

Both are good programs. If you're looking to lose weight fast I'd recommend the Insanity. The best part about it - no equipment (required for P90X). You just need about 45 minutes or so (a bit more for the 2nd month) 6 days a week, a TV and DVD player (or computer), and some room on the floor...
  12. The Mad Hatter

Interested in your m798. Can you send pics?

Interested in your m798. Can you send pics?
  13. The Mad Hatter

Best Glove for Extremely Large Hands?

I'm also a big guy at 6'8" and left handed and have problems with fielding gloves that fit. Two recent gloves I've found that work pretty well are the Worth Mayhem and Mizuno MVP (per Maverick's post - great one BTW). The Mizuno had an especially big hand well, and both protected the palm of my...
  14. The Mad Hatter

BLD's

Beers at Manteca are $5 for a big single (about 20oz) or a pitcher for $10 for domestic - more for imports. A pitcher will serve 5 12oz glasses. Not cheap but definitely not a bad deal - especially compared to how much you would pay at a regular bar or any sports park.
  15. The Mad Hatter

BLD's

Manteca is $3 per day to get in (I play there every week). Yeah it adds up over the course of a year but it's worth it to play on great fields all year round. Our league also plays 3 HR + equalizer, so plenty of HR's to be hit on any given day. League allows utrip bats and NSA style pitching...