Recent content by thecaptain

1. T

Leather Color Disparity

I recently started a thread about my white glove. I own quite a few (wife would say too many) gloves. Varying from black, to brown/tan, to navy and grey. Varying quality (low end Mizuno, low/mid level rawlings, higher cost Vinci's, A2000 and custom Gloveworks. All the gloves have varying levels...
  2. T

ATOMS Cures Your Case of the Mondays

Thanks, I was really analyzing the thing and it just seemed like it served no purpose to me.
  3. T

ATOMS Cures Your Case of the Mondays

Great video. Looking at that beautiful glove as well as my japanese pattern gloveworks, I was wondering what the extra thumbloop at the tip of the thumb is for? I can't figure out what benefit it provides. Is it just a "design choice"? Figured you'd be the guy who would know. Thanks
  4. T

is Vinci quality still the same?

They didn't originally specify. But when I replied, I asked if I could get a different colour based on what was said here. Just in case the white leather is the issue. They didn't seem to push back on that. They offered a larger all black glove but I'm afraid anything larger than 13" might be...
  5. T

Update Reached out to Vinci and they're going to replace the glove. Great customer service and why I would continue to support small independent companies. I'll let you know how the replacement turns out when it arrives.
  6. T

So the consensus seems to be, white leather is different. Good to know. My black Vinci is broken in nicely, but even after a decade still not overly soft. My cheap Rawlings is the same. My Wilson A2000 is older than all of them and closes easily but is very firm where it needs to be. The palm...
  7. T

I thought about that too. Considered the heat effects. But it was in my bag in the garage with EVERY other glove and the others are fine. Also, it was fine when I pulled it out of the bag. Still stiff and not broken in yet. But once I started breaking it in, (no cream/lotion/oil) it went from...
  8. T

Rawlings Glove Pain?

Having the same problem with my new gloveworks softball pattern single welted glove. As I close the glove (2 in the pink) the area around my pinky knuckle tightens up and presses the welting into the boney area of the knuckle causing some discomfort. Hoping the leather will soften and stretch...
  9. T

My first Vinci was a black JD-73 and I loved it. Very stiff when new, broke in nicely (soft where it should be, stiff where it needs to be). At the end of the 2019 season I bought a white BMB-OB with a black mesh back. Was very stiff when new. Only got to use it a couple of times before the...
  10. T

hydrocolloid bandages

The new view on this seems to be that drying up is bad. Also the dry scabs caused me a lot of pain on the joint since it stretched when i bent my knee. But that doesn't seem to be happening with this bandage on. Eyecandy: the prospect of painfully ripping off half a scab with the bandage is...
  11. T

hydrocolloid bandages

I keep scrapping myself up on the rough fields out here and those oozing wounds can be a pain to deal with. I saw these hydrocolloid bandages at the drug store and put it on my knee. So far it's formed a squishy white bubble. Curious to see what it looks like underneath when i take it off...
  12. T

Looking for a good light molded Cleat (no turfs plz)

I have a wide foot and don't find nikes or under armor comfortable. Mizunos are ok. But then i switched to new balance and will never buy any other cleat again. Very comfortable but last years model was a bit heavy. The field i play on is very dry and hard so the cleats wore down to nubs, so a...
  13. T

Looking for a good light molded Cleat (no turfs plz)

I have a wide foot and don't find nikes or under armor comfortable. Mizunos are ok. But then i switched to new balance and will never buy any other cleat again. Very comfortable but last years model was a bit heavy. The field i play on is very dry and hard so the cleats wore down to nubs, so a...
  14. T

IF Gloves

Vinci jd73