Recent content by TheFootballRef

1. TheFootballRef

The fall of 9 man modified.

July '01 is when I stopped playing because of an ACL tear. Had not heard about any of that. The ASA has always preached two seperate divisions in 9 man. It made sense to me and I had no problem with it. I consider myself a decent hitter, but I know there were some pitchers out there I...
  2. TheFootballRef

The fall of 9 man modified.

Do tell ...........
  3. TheFootballRef

Indoor strict modified tournament --this fall!!

Come on FAD, why would you expect to get that useless piece of info ? :D From the 718 area code, it's probably a gym in the city. And because his nam is Tony, it's either Staten Island, 86th st. in Brooklyn, or Morris Park in the Bronx. LOL
  4. TheFootballRef

2011 drifton nit modified "b"

I have a qwestion. Was this a tipo Ralphscott ? Can you tell me witch word you mispeled ?
  5. TheFootballRef

if you could choose one bat ...

Miken Freak. Slow pitch bat for fast pitch. I stopped playing from 35 to 44. At 44, I picked it up again and this bat (2010 model) added an average of 30-40 feet of distance to my power. Those balls going 280-290 were now going over the fence easily. I can only wish I had it when I was 25.
  6. TheFootballRef

2011 drifton nit modified "b"

They had their money. They didn't care if any other games were played. As a matter of fact, if less games are played, they don't have to pay the umpires so they pocket more. Someone needed to make the effort to go to all of the coaches of the teams and get their contact info. Then reserve a...
  7. TheFootballRef

Best Modified Team of All Time

Anyone over 35 or 40, knows the Deerhead was the place to be. The only tournament which had over 75 teams year after year which was not a quote unquote nationally sactioned tournament. Apollo 12
  8. TheFootballRef

Solano and JJ were just as good as Thomas in their prime. They may not have traveled as much but they didn't need to, there was plenty of quality ball in the NY Tri-State area in the 70's and 80's ...........
  9. TheFootballRef

What about CBS ?
  10. TheFootballRef

One Pitch

Played one years ago. It went even faster then that. You stayed in the dugout for 2 innings and just cleared the bases after the first three outs.
  11. TheFootballRef

Best Legal Modified Pitchers (10 Man Style)

I played against Gary in a 10 man tourney in Parsippany back in - '96 maybe ? He always went 9 on the big stage, but he did play some very limited 10 man with friends.
  12. TheFootballRef

Rockland County Softball

Do you think if Milewski didn't run those leagues, someone else would ? Do you think anyone else has the connections he has in the town hall offies to get the fields all the time ?
  13. TheFootballRef

Rockland County Softball

Tony has his faults and definitely juggles more then he should. But, he did do things others wouldn't. Like come playoff time, he would let you request one umpire you didn't want to work any of your games. Which was great because IMO - John Dunn was the worst ever and at least we didn't have to...
  14. TheFootballRef

Rockland County Softball

I've been out of Rockland for 5 years now. Stopped playing 5 years before that. Like most places, there's not enough quality pitching to have multiple A teams make the effort to play. The Deerhead field was on property owned by the local utility company. They sold it to a builder and now...
  15. TheFootballRef

advice for choosing modified bat

No one up North ever used an extended barrel bat except the girls. That's why I put it in quotes. LOL. :D