Recent content by thesteve

1. thesteve

Dumb strategies

This reminds me of the fast guy that insists on pushing for bases even with two or three high average guys coming up right behind him.
  2. thesteve

Dumb strategies

Oh man...the pump fake. I play with a guy who pump fakes constantly. I wish I played against him. I'd force that damn throw every time.
  3. thesteve

Dumb strategies

This is along the same lines as the guy that plays on the warning track with power hitters up to the plate...because being three feet from the fence is a huge advantage over 15 feet from the fence when you've got a couple seconds to react.
  4. thesteve

Dumb strategies

I think the point was that if some is unsuccessful at punching the line early in their AB and they have no fouls left to give, odds are they aren't going to try to punch line and risk fouling out. If we assume this to be true, then there's no reason to play the line tight if you believe that the...
  5. thesteve

Dumb strategies

Yeah...manager just...bleh. I was subbing and I didn't pay so I just followed orders, but there were some things done that I couldn't figure out. The line up was wonky and having your 1B, SS and LF rotate throughout the game didn't make a ton of sense to me either.
  6. thesteve

Dumb strategies

Splitting the power guys so "there will be people to drive in when you get up"...yeah...except when one of your power guys is a doubles machine and now gets 3 ABs instead of 4 because you put him in the 8 spot...
  7. thesteve

OG Bats/NEW bats?

Maybe that's what it is. I've always liked the Juggy because the barrel is so soft, but now it feels too soft sometimes.
  8. thesteve

OG Bats/NEW bats?

I'm sure it's mental, but I don't feel like I can consistently get good power with my OG Juggy with the 52/300 balls. I've swung one of my teammates 2014 Juggy which hits better, but oddly enough my bat of choice lately has been the first release CV12.
  9. thesteve

Pop vs distance

Pop is when you hit a dude in the jaw for mouthing off at the field Distance is the number of car lengths between you and the police in a high speed chase
  10. thesteve

Best Trail shoe?

What exactly is the difference between the Fellraiser and the Fellcross...besides $60-$100 depending on the store...
  11. thesteve

Best Trail shoe?

I've been using the Adidas Vigor 3s for a few seasons now. Love them, but it looks like the newer Vigors have a different tread on them. Only downside I've experienced was that I had to using spray adhesive to lock the insoles into place. Around SBF I've seen so much talk about the different...
  12. thesteve

Batting gloves or bare hands?

I didn't wear them for a long time. Carry over from the baseball days. I bought a pair when I started doing more cage and dry swing (Macenko-type stuff) work, and just got some comfortable using them in drills that I started using them in the games. Haven't switched back. I've really liked the...
  13. thesteve

Any Base line

I would think that "begins to attempt" would reference the start of pursuit.
  14. thesteve

Other MLB Obstruction Call

Just wanted to get some perspective on how you guys would've called this one: https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/angels-get-walk-off-win-over-a-s--who-protest-game-after-odd-obstruction-call-061317518.html
  15. thesteve

Batting Practice

I've only gone once, a couple years ago, because my Sunday mornings are either church mornings or family mornings typically, but I still recommend it because it was a lot of fun back then.