Recent content by TuxedoBento

1. T

This year's Freak Black, KF30, or DC41....which do you choose?

Ugh. Don't remind me. Today I literally just sold both my OG 27 oz Freak Plus (bubble sticker) and 2013 Freak Plus. Here's hoping my 2015 Freak Black will tide me over.
  2. T

Price Check 27 Oz Freak+ OG (old stamp)

Hey guys Bought it new about 2 or 3 seasons ago so at least a few hundred hits. - It's bubble sticker. - Replaced the grip with an Easton. - The bat is still in really good condition. No cracks or rattles. - Bat still has a lot of pop. Use to be my OTF bat back in the day. Also looking to...
  3. T

Need Help How to Ship from Canada to the States?

Sorry, like I said, I'm new to the process. I've sent small packages through Canadapost and it was already $15-$20. Not sure of what the best options we have up here are.
  4. T

Need Help How to Ship from Canada to the States?

Hey guys, Long time lurker here. Just wanted to offload my og 27 oz bubble sticker Miken Freak Plus and it seems there's more demand for these sticks down south of the border. I've bought bats from the States but it's my first time selling. I just wanted to know if anyone could guide...
  5. T

For Sale LTS 2013 NR 27oz Freak Plus

NIW and NR 2013 Freak+'s are being posted on the board for $100-$110 shipped and still aren't moving...
  6. T

Best way to collect team dues?

LOL I wish it were that. Sadly it's only a 16 weeks. Up here in Toronto it's just ridiculously expensive. :/ @Phobia: As much as I'd like to sit and bat people last for not paying, it could really hurt us. I mean, I know this is rec league co-ed but we still do like to win. Also I don't...
  7. T

Best way to collect team dues?

Hey guys, just wondering what you guys think is the best way to collect the team dues? For my team, registering the team and putting down the team deposit comes to around $1300. And every year no one really wants to be the one to put that much down and wait sometimes up till August for...
  8. T

Who backs up where? Situation from last night brings this up...

lol you should make a thread for coed self pitch where the pitcher is on the opposite team. Seems like most plays in these coed leagues depend on the coordination of SS and 2B. We actually have 1B or 3B cover home since we usually have our weakest girl as catcher.
  9. T

Freak+ Sweet Spot?

lol I have about 100 cuts...
  10. T

Freak+ Sweet Spot?

Where's your sweet spot? I just got the bat and I'm finding the sweet spot to be really elusive or just really small. Don't get me wrong, the Freak+ is an awesome bat I'm definitely going yard but I'd just like to hear what other Freak+ users have experienced. Mine seems to be in the "A" of...
  11. T

neon yellow balls

I thought the neon yellow balls were painted with chemicals to be more visible.
  12. T

First Team Practice Tomorrow... Advice?

I know, i know... last year we only had one practice too. I just figured maybe there was something different we could do this year to improve our game. That's all. It just seems all we do is get together, everyone takes turns hitting, and then we call it a day. Nothing new is really learned and...
  13. T

My thoughts exactly. But how do I make our 110-120 lb girls who have little in terms of muscular development into a semi-decent sluggers? I've already invested in a -10 drop fastpitch bat this year so I'm hoping the shorter and lighter bat will at least help them get the ball from dribbling...
  14. T

Yeah we've done that before. We just tell people to the cutoffs (SS or 2nd). The better players with better arms might try to throw it for the out themselves. This is exactly what we do. Well minus the defense actually playing the hits out. Should they pretend the runner is running for 1st...
  15. T

So we're having our first team practice this wednesday with exactly 1 week until our first game. We were spring/summer champs of our little coed rec league last year. I was just wondering if any softball gurus here had any tips or advice on what I should do as a first time captain. Any...