TWmccoy's latest activity

• TWmccoy
    TWmccoy replied to the thread Best ASA Wood Softball Bat.
    If you can use bamboo I'd probably go with that. Bamboo is flexible and durable. You can feel handle flex when you swing it. Also, they...
  • TWmccoy
    .47 375s were actually pretty decent balls. They never got overly hard, and weren't completely ridiculous off the bat either. I...
  • TWmccoy
    TWmccoy replied to the thread AD Starr Patriot Magnus FX ball.
    OK. .54, 650 definitely makes sense. This ball is hard and hot. It flies great. Probably very damaging on bats.
  • TWmccoy
    I just got back from KC. Played in that John King's Smoke Show tourny. It was at Mid America. Fields are 300', and slope downhill. 90%...
  • TWmccoy
    Hard cores knuckle BAD. I've seen it lots of times. Those balls move more than probably any ball I've ever seen. If you don't get under...
  • TWmccoy
    ASA's problem right now is ridiculous bats, not the balls. Those bats are specifically made to hit .52s, and will break almost instantly...
  • TWmccoy
    We used C+ balls here in CO for like 10 years. Obviously there were some bad hops, but not more than any other ball. No one seemed to...
  • TWmccoy
    TWmccoy replied to the thread AD Starr Patriot Magnus FX ball.
    Well, head to head against Platinum Dots it was doing fine. Ball definitely flies very well.
  • TWmccoy
    I've said this for years. For whatever reason USSSA scoffs at using .52s. I mean, you can still get classic + balls, but hardly anyone...
  • TWmccoy
    Anyone here ever hit or seen these before? It's a molded BP type ball that seems similar to a Platinum Dot or BP Spinner. White and dark...
  • TWmccoy
    TWmccoy replied to the thread Best 52/300 Ball.
    I agree with your list. Whichever brand you get, make sure it's composite. For whatever reason the cover makes a huge difference on .52...
  • TWmccoy
    Back off the plate a little from where you usually stand. Also, move up in the box (toward the pitcher). You want to catch the ball...
  • TWmccoy
    TWmccoy reacted to ImminentDanger's post in the thread Green Pop Toss - My Setup & BP with Like Like.
    Just dropping a current note here... I got some new o-rings for the plunger - Could not really see any wear on the old ones, but was...
  • TWmccoy
    TWmccoy replied to the thread Miken USA/ASA bats..
    Miken/Worth's newer ASA bats have that horrible, broken sound to them. I think it's some sort of double barrel technology specifically...
  • TWmccoy
    TWmccoy replied to the thread Swing analysis assistance.
    Too much head movement and you seem to lean back before you start your swing. You might center your weight a little more before you...