Recent content by Wyobus54

1. W

pitching U-Trip vs. ASA/USA?

just played a ASA tournament but they allowed USSSA pitching. It was interesting to say the least. I did talk to a guy that said "if a pitcher fakes a pitch more than 3 times, you end up hitting middle" due to trying to keep your timing. I don't know how others take that, I don't shoot...
  2. W

I need help pulling the ball and generating just a little more power.

I would say everyone's ideas are good info. Depending on what you want, you should look for "your pitch". practice during BP to get a feel of what you need/want your swing should be. Once you find it, work on it over and over, so when game time comes, its second nature. Biggest thing I have...
  3. W

pro's and con's of Monsta Torch bats

The one I preordered is a 27 ounce, which is the normal weight I swing, my DNAM is a 27.5.
  4. W

stretches

Thanks for the video, I will try them out and see where I am, otherwise I believe I may have to break down and go see a doc.
  5. W

stretches

I stretched but the first tournament of the year I am sure I was not stretched like mid-late season. I also know I am no spring chicken playing in my 26th season. Stretching and Beer goes along way! lol
  6. W

stretches

I appreciate that info, it hurts like a mother when I do try and rehab, but I know I have to I appreciate the info. Outward rotation is a killer but I know that is something I have to work on. thank you
  7. W

I agree, I have ordered the DNAM that was in stock and received it very quick, pre-ordered the TORCH and already seen 2-3 different release dates. Lesson learned. I appreciate all of the input. I get the small sweet spot. Thank you. Anything else I need to know?
  8. W

I preordered the new blue torch and it has been a good wait. Lol. Is the waiting due to a small company? Or just getting the right product manufactured to the exact specs? I have already bought the DNAM, love it. But I can tell it is more "tankier" (as someone else called it) than what I am...
  9. W

I'm curious to see what everyone thinks of the Monsta Torches. Pro's? Con's? I know there are several other bats that are very good. I also know there is personal preferences and everyone swings differently. I guess you could say I am a potential power hitter, yet knowledgeable to spray the...
  10. W

thanks, I'll keep a look out for some like these, my USSSA tournament isn't until October.
  11. W

I wear a helmet already. I'll look into shin guards. But thank you for the information. Hopefully I do ok and make it through the tournament lol.
  12. W

I have been pitching ASA/USA rules for 20+ years, I have a USSSA tournament later in the year. What are the biggest differences between the two? And what are the misconceptions that I may have to work on before I go to the tournament? Thanks in advance, Just wanting to prepare myself so I can...
  13. W

stretches

thanks for the advice, I have massaged that holy crap out of it and it seems to be getting better. Even with an occasional 12 ounce curl! lol Thanks again everyone, remember have fun, and hit it where they ain't! lol best of luck peeps
  14. W

stretches

I'm curious if anybody knows some good stretches for arms. I recently played in a tournament and injured my left arm. I was trying to make a single into a double when I got "snipered", my feet quit and I took a digger and I ate dirt. Knocked the wind out of me, but my left shoulder and upper...