Recent content by yohann_chadenat

1. Y

Hitting tips for opposite field hitting.

It can be a dangerous proposition. Personally i try to divide in 2 spots. Middle and away aims for the gap between 1st and 2nd base and inside pitch is for above the pitcher. I do not even try to pull, i just cannot do it. But when i'm pitched inside, that's also when i tend to go too early at...
  2. Y

Yesterday pretty bad live BP session. The downside of training a lot with the pop toss is that i tend to get too early on pitches. In general timing has always been a challenge and always prevented me to get any consistency. Do you guys have some tips to get the timing right??
  3. Y

Miken USA/ASA bats.

I had the opportunity to test it the 1st time this weekend for 25 swings with near-to live pitching (Blue Flame Pitching machine set up for slowpitch). I fully recognize all your feedbacks! I had also my 26oz Anarchy Rebellion (1oz end load) as benchmark and the weight difference was...
  4. Y

Thanks a lot! I've been practicing this weekend in near live conditions (with a Blue Flame Pitching Machine). i like very much the off the plate and forward position. Gives me the feeling that i can control pretty much the hitting zone (e.g. pull or swing above the pitcher the inside pitches)...
  5. Y

Swing analysis assistance

You may also consider to try without the leg kick. It can help with the timing. And i do not really recommend to finish the swing with 2 hands. Both can be indeed factors for more power, but if you struggle with your swing, going back to a more simple & straight forward move is not a bad thing...
  6. Y

I'm currently working a lot on my opposite field hitting. In my league we play with 4 outfielders. For righties 95% of the time the centerfields mostly cover the pull side, leaving plenty of open space on the right field. And usually the right fielder is the worse player on the opposite team...
  7. Y

Swing analysis assistance

Looking at the video at the normal speed, it looks like you start your swing once your front foot has been planted to the ground. With a slight delay it would make the swing more explosive. I honestly have the same issue. There are a couple of videos on the swing makeover channel which describe...
  8. Y

Miken USA/ASA bats.

Ok finally i had to change my plan. Managed to get a Freak Kyle Pearson ASA 2023. Of course not the initial idea as it's a 12" barrel and 0.5oz endload i believe. Even over my usual swing weight (28 oz), but ok...at 100$ new and still in the wrapper, was kind of an opportunity i could not...
  9. Y

Miken USA/ASA bats.

Outside this topic, but if you want a great performer in cold weather and with top durability, you shall try the DeMarini Corndog. I find it the ideal practice bat.
  10. Y

DC41 Supermax

Strange ASA bats would be forbidden...i was under the impression that the main difference between ASA and SSUSA bats was on the restrictors to avoid the ASA bats to overperform...so why forbidding them? Per definition they should be less dangerous...
  11. Y

Where do you play?

I play catcher and right field...and serve as backup pitcher in case our usual starters are unavailable/injured.
  12. Y

Green Pop Toss - My Setup & BP

Did you gain more distance with this setup?
  13. Y

Miken USA/ASA bats.

Thanks. I wish it could be possible to be honest.... unfortunately in Europe to find good slowpitch bats, it's a misery. There are a handful of dealers with very limited choice & options...and buying from the US is complicated. To get them to Europe you sometimes have to pay as much in shipping...
  14. Y

Miken USA/ASA bats.

Logically you're right. I have Anarchy bats end-loaded with 12"/12.5" barrels (0.5 and 1oz end-load) and there you clearly have the end-load feeling. But those Mikens come with a 14"barrel, so maybe it somehow "absorbs" the end-load effect with the bigger barrel. I don't know :)
  15. Y

Green Pop Toss - My Setup & BP

They haven't come to a conclusion on what timing mechanism to use to keep the pricing affordable. Hopefully they can find something. They sent me the 2-person version for test. It's working very nicely and the design is really more robust than the vacuum one...but as i bought pop toss to have...