Recent content by zachd

1. Z

What's is the successor to the S2?

Thanks.. I had a B3, it was supposed to be balanced but had a heavier swing than the S2. But I'll probably try the B4. Yeah my S2 took forever to break in then I lost it :( Does the B4 have tape grip or the older regular soft grip?
  2. Z

What's is the successor to the S2?

My first good softball bat was the Easton synergy from 2012/13 the silver with green one. I don't remember the complex model number. I kind of gave up trying to keep up with model numbers from easton. After that I got an S2 which seemed to be an almost identical bat but different color (black...
  3. Z

Purposefully ending and inning

How long does the pitcher have before he pitches? How long do you get to change out pitchers? That seems like the total amount of time you could stall with 2 outs. That would be funny if a pitcher or maybe even the catcher just fell down with an injury before the pitch. Or, if they got...
  4. Z

Rotating Outfielders On Tourney Day

Yeah you are also right about how some dudes won't tell you they are tired. Sometimes they get too drunk and whatever you ask them they'll be like "I'm good". Even though they look wobbley just standing in the OF. Or guys who earlier in the day won't take a pinch runner then 2 games later...
  5. Z

Rotating Outfielders On Tourney Day

I'm interested in some methods that people know work well also. It does seem easy to say have 1 guy go sub in to each of the OF positions but really for myself I like to play in one place for a while or at least stay on my side of the field. And I'd prefer to have everyone else stay in one spot...
  6. Z

Good or DB move?

Those catchers that try and call attention to themselves.. like they yell how many outs there are every two pitches and put on a big show for everyone and try and make jokes with the umpire the whole game and try and stick their glove up in the batter's periphery.. those guys are insufferable...
  7. Z

Where did ya'll learn this stuff...?

So, are you the Oracle? The almost triple play was a line drive to short who intentionally dropped it and tagged runner, base, and threw to first. The ump made the right call although the SS made it look pretty legit. Our batter shouldn't have hit it in to the 3 man side of the infield...
  8. Z

Sorry not to be more clear, the time we played some C teams was in an open benefit tourney. I was against playing in that but my buddy who signs us up didn't care. Just saying we didn't learn a whole lot in that tourney because we got beat so quick. This recent tourney was E although a...
  9. Z

One thing I learned fast in USSSA is if the ball comes over the plate without touching it, it's probably going to be called a strike. It's just above the ankles and I find that very hard to hit but not protecting the plate will get you rung up. This guy kept everything low and a little inside...
  10. Z

Well, we lost to Austin Speed in 23 minutes but there wasn't really that much time to pick up one what they were doing. That was an open benefit, they are a C team I think. I mean I see there are lots of variations of the 5 man, I don't think these teams are just making it up as they go...
  11. Z

Here is some knowledge I done figured out on my own just now From user control panel "edit ignore list" Add user Joker Save Changes
  12. Z

Played a fun tourney this weekend here in Austin. Showed up to sub and ended up playing the whole thing because guy flaked. It was probably our best tournament and I think every time we play we learn something each time (usually by losing to experienced teams). Really noticed the last two...
  13. Z

How many players do you take to a tourney?

That's funny.. Just following up, I had been telling my friends who do the tourney sign ups and get players together - you need more than 10! But I wanted to see just how many you guys thought was a good number. This last weekend I said I would sub, mainly to hang out and maybe DH but...
  14. Z

Stats, OBP, Lineup

No, then they would argue about either OBP was really what the order should be. The people who never want to take a walk will say it should be batting average or RBI. Then one person will say reach on error is bull****, I hit hard line drives (not mentioning hard line drives that get caught)...
  15. Z

Stats, OBP, Lineup

OPS is best... for what?