Is wobble and barrel separation bad/normal?

rios15

Addicted to Softballfans
My new 2020 Steele Lewis Mother load, has about 100 swings on it. I just noticed there is a wobble in it now. There is a small gap between the conexion rubber and the barrel. Is this expected/normal? Will it impact performance, it seems to be hitting quite well. I play in league where umpire don't check bats so that shouldn't be an issue. I have warranty on it till November so I might just use it this year, but I've never seen this before. Any advice?

Also when returning under warranty is it possible to get the same bat or they'll just give me something else?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes it is expected/normal unfortunately.

Back with the old Easton's wobble meant slightly better performance, would imagine the same with newer models.

Another 2020 no unless they still happen to have some in stock, a current years model perhaps unless they don't have any of those available. In the past you could request another bat with similar specs or wait till the produce more Steele's. Don't know if they still accommodate in the same manner.

D-ROCK13

Wobble/rattle just means it's fully broken in and ready to game, as long as the flexy handle feel doesn't bother you it'll be good to go. Most Worth short barrels do the same in my experience

Hiltz

Built for comfort
There is a small gap between the conexion rubber and the barrel. Is this expected/normal?
That rubber piece is literally a decoration. The handle is glued into the barrel just like a Miken/Worth/Demarini and the "Connexion Piece" is just a rubber band used to cover the ugly joint. You can roll it back and see for yourself.

Also when returning under warranty is it possible to get the same bat or they'll just give me something else?
If you return a 220 stamp bat all manufacturers are required to replace it with a 240 stamp, per their agreement with USSSA.