So I bought my final, very very last glove….again!

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
ha!!! i was wondering if you'd grab one. tell me, is it a 207 with an RV web or is it really an RV?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
ha!!! i was wondering if you'd grab one. tell me, is it a 207 with an RV web or is it really an RV?
It's definitely a Pro207, you know.....a normal glove shell! ;) The hinged single post is also somewhat narrower than the post on a real RV23! You know when you put a glove on your hand for the very first time and smile, this glove made me smile!

I've never owned a glove with Black embroidery before, always Vegas Gold or Scarlet Red, I always said if I ever order another custom it would be Tan of course with Black embroidery, so I was happy when this one was announced. This leads to my only gripe.....that Black embroidery is sadly offset by that hideous, awful MLB logo, I hate it!!

I've begged for years for Chad to make another glove model in Tan Horween with an RV web, of course I really wanted a NP pattern in that configuration, either a NP6 or NP7. I really prefer gloves with a fold over palm, and for the first time ever I've started preferring a index finger pad, which is really new for me. But the fold over palm is almost a requirement!

Although I absolutely don't need this glove I felt since after all these years of me crying and begging Chad, I had to check it out, and it's a fantastic glove!

EDIT...and I should add, even though I would have personally preferred a NP pattern (and I would have sent Chad an incredible Christmas gift), looking through his eyes a Pro200 definitely makes more sense as it'll surely appeal more to the masses, even though there's only 54 of them.

Last edited:

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Looks perfect....What size is that glove?

Funny, I'm told I use to small of the glove most of the time in 12" softball.
I range between 12" and 12.5" only ones bigger are the TB24s

If I cant catch it in the 12" glove, than I cant catch it....I like being able to find the ball quickly in the outfield
F

littleman13

The Veteran

If I cant catch it in the 12" glove, than I cant catch it....I like being able to find the ball quickly in the outfield
F
I personally kind of chuckle at the guys with the 14 and 15 inch gloves. Ultimately all that matters is what works best for them but I am in the same boat. I’ve been gaming a GCP17 with a GMP I web for years that is about toast so I got a GMP 2 to replace it and then landed the horween NADO and now this is going to have to be a rotation. I just love the 12” for infield. Nothing will ever go into the OF on my hand besides my GCP51… that thing is just a vacuum to the same spot in the pocket and I know exactly where that ball is in the glove to transfer

littleman13

The Veteran

F
I also hate you so much for being a lefty. I just saw your M logo GZP51 on ebay and started drooling until I realized it was a lefty. I still remember that GZP or GMP you dyed that darker brown with the fingerhood and still have dreams about it to this day

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
I wish I never sold that Brown GZP....I do wonder about where it is now....and how it looks.
F

I also hate you so much for being a lefty. I just saw your M logo GZP51 on ebay and started drooling until I realized it was a lefty. I still remember that GZP or GMP you dyed that darker brown with the fingerhood and still have dreams about it to this day

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
The curse of lefty is the need to buy gloves becuase I just cant believe I can buy (______) glove for $125? I dont need it, but Its only $125.....55 gloves later.....

Party mafia

is the pro207-rv23's hand stall smaller than the OG RV23 from don morton? What pattern was the OG RV23 based off?
Thanks

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
is the pro207-rv23's hand stall smaller than the OG RV23 from don morton? What pattern was the OG RV23 based off?
Thanks
Definitely smaller! I do think the hand stall on the RV23 has progressively gotten smaller over the years with it’s different phases. My very first Jtan RV was massive inside, I clearly remember my fingers just reaching the finger stalls, like just a half inch to a inch actually inside the finger stalls.

Someone correct me as I could easily be wrong, didn’t the RV pattern / model actually come from Louisville Slugger? It was Robin Ventura’s model and when he switched endorsements from LS to Rawlings, Rawlings actually copied it and made that same model for him. As I said, I could be way off base here?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
How small is small? And that’s with the wrist at its largest setting?
I have medium sized hands, I think the hand stall is slightly smaller than average. If I were to use it TIP I’d leave the wrist closure alone, traditional I would probably tighten it up.

It’s slightly snugger than my KB17-HT. The inside feels a lot like my PRONP5PRO.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks awesome. I cannot tell you how Horweeny that looks. Does it feel like Horween??

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
So as to what we were talking about, the older, more old school NP patterns were definitely flatter and more shallow than compared to now. I’ve been telling you guys for years now just how big a 12” NP6 is!

Most guys who know gloves….when they think of a 12” Rawlings I think the majority of them think of a Pro1000 or a Pro206, the NP6 is larger in every regard than either of those.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
That’s just crazy. I wish they’d just give new patterns a new model number,

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
That’s just crazy. I wish they’d just give new patterns a new model number,
Just so long as they never remove the NP designation! ;) I mean, what's a cooler name than Neifi Perez? Someone that for the life of me I can't remember one thing about his MLB career, as in nothing, his name and stats registers zero in my head!

But I like his glove patterns though! 👍