30 oz senior bat

dunno

I may receive on trade a 30 oz melee 2 bat.
Why do guys swing this heavy a bat? Isn't most of the weight in the handle?
Is there any distance difference for those that can handle the weight? Will they break the same as say a 26 or 27oz?
Never swung a 30 as 26 seems just right.

Last edited:

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Been swinging heavy bats for 30+ years. Comfort is why I continue to swing them. IMO the Melee2 I have in 30oz does not feel heavier than 30oz.

Rgates8

I swing them because when I don’t I’m a dead pull hitter and have taken out a couple 3rd base coaches in my day swinging 27oz as I always have.With a 30 I can go up the middle and even to right on occasion. I guess it’s just more bat I’m dragging through the zone gets my hands out front of the barrel more? I was told by a wiseman on here who watched some BP swings on a video I sent him that my barrel was too far ahead of my hands so I worked on it and made a little progress. Then I dug an old 30oz juggy out of the closet one day and gave it a try and it had instant results. My belief now is, swing as heavy a bat as you can having the results your looking for, and don’t be afraid to give a heavy bat a try. That feel like logs when you pick them up but you never know until you try.