BretMan
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Dying laces is kind of a trial and error process. Most of the lace dying I do is with tan laces where someone wants a darker brown colored lace, usually to match an older vintage glove. I have tried dying some other colors, like red or blue and the results aren't all that great. If you start with a tan lace, the color looks kind of dark and muddy. If you use a white lace, the color comes out kind of flat.

The dye I use comes from Tandy Leather (check out their website). They water-based and oil-based dye and the results are about the same with either one. I use the dye applicators they sell, which are basically a little wool ball on a stick that you can use like a paintbrush.

Hope that answers some of your questions! If there is anything else in particular you would like to know, feel free to drop me a line at the email address on my website: www.thegloveshop.webs.com

Thanks!

Bret
    Hey man, I was told you might be able to point me in the right direction for dying some laces. What color of lace to start with, and dye type?

Thanks for any help you can give me!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…