Search results

1. Hiltz

Hard cores are ruining USSSA softball

I think Slo Pitch Ontario used the .47/400 Louisvilles for a brief time a few years back.
  2. Hiltz

Coed Rosters, uggggggh....

Women playing coed sports are usually intimidated to begin with; they're physically outmatched (usually) by the guys and they're the minority. If you wanna keep good girls on your team you have to make sure they feel safe, respected, and comfortable. You can kill the whole vibe by having a...
  3. Hiltz

Bargain basement bats

Got the same bat lightly used for $20 and the guy selling it delivered to my work's parking lot.
  4. Hiltz

2015 DC41 vs 2019 Reissue

Yeah, a very soft-hitting buddy still has his OG red knob, although it's worn down to bare aluminum. It's like a doorknob, reminds me of the knobs on the old Mizuno Techfire/Crush.
  5. Hiltz

From the limited research I did, there was the OG red knob in 2015, the black knob "reissue" in 2016, then in 2019 or 2020 after 2-3 years of different paint schemes there was a return to the original look with a true reissue. For whatever reason, Miken used the same model name for the 2016 and...
  6. Hiltz

Serious question about bat weight

Lots of options up here, Miken does a Canadian exclusive every year and they always come in 30oz. They're limited quantity and the 30's sell out fast though. I'm in Nova Scotia and the last few years players around here have hopped off the "light bat=batspeed" bandwagon. 30oz, 28.5oz, and 28oz...
  7. Hiltz

Hot usssa bat

And durability. That seems to be what varies most between makes and models.
  8. Hiltz

Work the Count or Swing For a Hit?

^^^ This, option #3. Ex: If I see a big gap in RC, I'm looking for an outside shoulder-high pitch to drive that way. I'm ready to swing at that pitch if it's the first one. If I don't get it on the first pitch, then I'm taking the strike and falling back to a 2 strike approach. The only time...
  9. Hiltz

Work the Count or Swing For a Hit?

Pssst, he's not a good ball player.
  10. Hiltz

Recently picked up a nice used black and white DC41, black knob. Is there a way to tell if it's a 2015 or the reissue that Miken released in 2019 or 2020? Looked online, both models seem to share the same model# (BTGDCU). Mine's a 30oz if that makes any difference. Seems a lot of old listings...
  11. Hiltz

Hard cores are ruining USSSA softball

Our league is going back to Classic+ and wood bats this year, I'm actually looking forward to playing again.
  12. Hiltz

Under the radar bats

Black Magic 30's sold out within days of getting released in Canada, Freak Savage 30's were gone in about a week. I've seen a few Black Magics on American sites but once you factor in exchange and $50 shipping from some places... My Wraith showed up in the mail today, weighs 30.6oz with...
  13. Hiltz

Under the radar bats

Genesis bats are by far the most commonly used locally. Under SPN Canada rules we're hitting .52/275 exclusively and I've yet to see one with a paint seam.
  14. Hiltz

Trail shoe?

They're not super light or breathable because they're built solid with thick, heavy midsole cushioning. They have mesh panels but they're small. All the reviews I read before I bought them said they're among the most stable trail runners and are great for heavy guys. The most common complaint...
  15. Hiltz

Who's getting the Hartling 2.0?

I miss the simpler times when you bought a new Easton and just hit 2000 Stadiums as hard as you could.
  16. Hiltz

Who's getting the Hartling 2.0?

Composite is made from two components, carbon fibre/fibreglass and resin. As bats break in, the resin breaks down and starts losing its bond with the fibres, allowing them to flex more. If you start hitting 100% with hard balls, you can crack the fibres before the resin has a chance to break...
  17. Hiltz

Under the radar bats

Is it actually good? I just bought a 2022 Wraith off eBay for cheap because I wanted a 30oz new stamp, I know nothing about the bat though.
  18. Hiltz

Trail shoe?

I got a pair of Brooks Cascadia 16's last year, they're golden if you like a roomy toebox and heavy cushioning.
  19. Hiltz

23 Shannon Smith Krecher 12.5 inch barrel

I got the Miken equivalent (Freak 9R) and it's the one of the weirdest feeling bats I've ever swung. Nice crack on contact but the barrel feels absolutely dead. Then you look up and the ball's going farther than it does with just about any other bat I've ever swung.
  20. Hiltz

Wilson Blonde vs Vintage Tan

I can speak for blonde gloves in general; they only stay purty if you don't use them. If you don't mind the stained palm, well used look (I don't), then they're a viable option.