Search results

1. jhitman

USSSA bat guidance

I know some of the new 240 bats fail pretty quickly. It might be best to just get a few hits on them and then game them.
  2. jhitman

Recommendations for new ASA bat

I know this thread is old. I have the Worth Krecher (Army green). It hits the mush 52 cor 300 comp softballs as good as anything I've seen. Monsta is also good, but pricey and if you decide to get the extended warranty even more pricey.
  3. jhitman

USSSA bat guidance

I have a friend that has an Anarchy and he likes it a lot. My questions is, how do they hold up with regards to compression? Will they still pass the 240 standard for tournaments after 200 swings?
  4. jhitman

USSSA bat guidance

If you can get a Louisville Genesis bat that would be a great choice. They are hard to find right now though. My 2nd choice is a bat that I just purchased a Miken DC41 USSSA bat.
  5. jhitman

Official Last Bat 2022

Double off of the fence. It was our first games of the year last night. Temps barely 50 degrees with 15-20 mph winds. I thought this was supposed to be a warm weather sport....LOL
  6. jhitman

Best/durable cold weather USSSA bat half ounce endload?

I had my Miken DC41's for several years. I beat them up in the cold weather and they still lasted. It took about 4 years for mine to finally crack.
  7. jhitman

What is your favorite bat of all time?

Ultra 1 and 2, Miken Freak, Lady Virus, Red Extended, OG Z-1000 and white DC41.
  8. jhitman

Andy Purcell Genesis USSSA bat from 2021

Will softball fans be getting the APG in stock at some point? I usually buy all of my bats on here.
  9. jhitman

Do you happen to know if the 2022 version will be the exact same specs as the APG?
  10. jhitman

Thanks for the offer, but I usually swing a 26 ounce. Do you know if they are going to re-stock this bat at any time?
  11. jhitman

Does anyone know how to go about buying this bat? I have checked on all the web-sites and they are out of stock everywhere, even in Canada. Follow up, if they are all out of stock now, does anyone know if there is a target date that they will be back in stock? Thank you!
  12. jhitman

2021 ASA Krecher Thoughts

It helps to be 6' 7" and 300 pounds too. I'm looking for a bargain on a back-up USSSA bat for this draft league I'm playing in. I've looked on many sites and there doesn't seem to be any bargain bats out there. Maybe try ebay?
  13. jhitman

2021 ASA Krecher Thoughts

Where did Harvey go?
  14. jhitman

This place used to be the bomb.

I started in 2004 on the site. I miss all the old timers bantering as well as the bat review ratings.
  15. jhitman

New Kids On The Block - Bat Manufacturers

I heard the USSSA APG 240 bats are all straight fire too. Our league ball uses the 52's so most use USA/ASA bats. I've seen a few Monsta's, but as stated above, because of the Owner, warranty denials and added price to get the 1 year warranty most here steer clear from them. The Krecher is about...
  16. jhitman

New Kids On The Block - Bat Manufacturers

I agree on Monsta. I do think they make great bats for ASA/USA but not worth the wait and also to pay so much more if you want the warranty. I found that my Worth Krecher bat is every bit as good as the Monstas.
  17. jhitman

Spring - 2022 - March 20

Took some soft toss this weekend and schedule to do BP with a few teammates this upcoming weekend if the weather holds up. A lot of the fields around here are still dicey due to the cold/snow.
  18. jhitman

2020 Louisville Slugger Z5

I agree with you that durability is a negative selling point. If the bat manufacturer's make durable bats they will go out of business because none of them would break and no one would buy the new stuff. For me, I prefer the durable bats as I like to take the time/BP to break them in. Most...
  19. jhitman

It's all about the almighty $$$. The list of my top performers in any given year were: Red Extended, Miken Freak, Ultra2, Lady Virus, OG Z-1000, White DC41 and now the Krecher (ASA). These were all bats I have owned as I know there are a lot of others too. Maybe several Monsta's more recently...
  20. jhitman

I sold mine to a teammate a few years back as I thought it was on it's last legs. He still uses it and seems to hit it better than all of the new bats he purchased. I don't know why bat manufacturers stop making their best bats and make new models. If you have a great bat like the Z-1000...